HDR blown out on Shield?

lightsout

lightsout

HDR with emby on the Shield has always been hit and miss for me. Even will remuxes (uncropped) sometimes the highlights are way too bright. 

I have all the recent updates, but still it looks off. When I play the same files with a different device they look great.

Jdiesel

Are both players triggering the HDR mode on your display? Have you calibrated your display when in HDR mode? On my Sony display when HDR mode kicks in you can tell because the brightness ramps up. Maybe you just need to adjust that to your liking.

lightsout

Are both players triggering the HDR mode on your display? Have you calibrated your display when in HDR mode? On my Sony display when HDR mode kicks in you can tell because the brightness ramps up. Maybe you just need to adjust that to your liking.

Yes its triggering HDR, thats the thing though it looks terrible. But if for instance I set madvr to HDR passthrough, which should be the same thing. It looks totatally different. I'll take a look at the settings while in HDR but if it works on one player and not the other not sure thats relevant.