Music Video Poster Display

blue65

Hi,

I installed Windows 10 on my server and installed Emby Server from scratch (using Version 4.2.1.0) basically using defaults for most options.
I connect to Emby using "app.emby.media" in Chrome

Have an issue with my Music Videos and how they display the posters.

As you can see on Pic1 it displays as a landscape image of my Primary Portrait Image.
 post-76620-0-39062400-1566293116_thumb.png

If I goto into the folder, the poster image displays correctly (see Pic2)
post-76620-0-45522700-1566293128_thumb.png

If I exit back to the Music Video folder, it still shows the poster in landscape (Pic1)
post-76620-0-39062400-1566293116_thumb.png

If I goto edit my images, you can see my Primary image is configured correctly (see Pic3)
post-76620-0-77591000-1566293140_thumb.png

If I exit out all the way to the Home Screen and then get back into "Music Videos", the image now displays as a poster
but with a landscape background (see Pic4)
post-76620-0-26228700-1566293150_thumb.png

Any thoughts? 

Thanks

It's because of other images you have in that view. It picks the display aspect ratio based on the values of all the images being displayed.

Hi,

I had previously left the NFO metadata and images in my Music Video folders from my previous installation.

I cleared these out and left just the video file

When I create a library of type "Music Videos", using "TheMovieDb" as a metadata fetcher and "TheMovieDB" and "ScreenGrabber" as Image fetchers, I found no Metadata was retrieved nor images. The default image that Emby creates was the only image I had. This was landscape mode. (see Picture 1)

post-76620-0-20328300-1566476651_thumb.png

If I downloaded the DVD cover to my folder and re-scaned, the poster appeared correctly formatted but still no metadata (Picture3).

post-76620-0-59123000-1566476662_thumb.png

If I added a second video, let it scan, the first movie has poster in a landscape background and the new movie has the EMby created landscape image (Picture4). This is what would be expected given what you mentioned about display aspect ratio.

post-76620-0-58953200-1566476675_thumb.png

I then add a DVD cover image to the folder and did a re-scan, the posters for the two shows are now showing with a landscape background (picture 5)

post-76620-0-90399900-1566476683_thumb.png

If I created the library as type "Movies", using "TheMovieDb" as a metadata fetcher and "TheMovieDB" and "ScreenGrabber" as Image fetchers, it finds the movies metadata and images and formats correctly (picture6)

post-76620-0-91588400-1566476695_thumb.png

Why would I select "Music Videos" as a type of folder if it doesnt return any images or metadata?

I tried adding PlugIn IMVdb as an option but that didnt retrieve anything either.

Should I be using a different fetcher ?

I can only presume that the music videos aren't seen in "TheMovieDb" because they are defined as "Movies" in the database.

If my folder type is "Movies" then it would work.

Thanks

Why would I select "Music Videos" as a type of folder if it doesnt return any images or metadata?

So that we can present you with options that are specific to music videos, such as entering the artist info in the metadata editor, and showing music video metadata providers.

I can only presume that the music videos aren't seen in "TheMovieDb" because they are defined as "Movies" in the database.

Possibly, but i would check your music video library settings to see what provider(s) are enabled.

I've used the default settings for creating "Music Videos"

The only provider I can see is "TheMovieDb"  (see Picture7)

post-76620-0-70665300-1566509927_thumb.png

What extra providers can I add  ?

I did try adding Plugin IMVDb (which gave me an extra provider to select from) but that never returned any images or metadata for a number of videos I tried.

Those are currently the only options. It's possible that movie db just doesn't have anything for those titles.

The MovieDB finds 90% of my Music Videos if I define the folder as "Movies"

Doesn't find any if folder is defined as "Music Video"

I don't have a lot of videos so I might leave the folder as "Music Videos" so I can use the metadata options for music videos and manually create the information.

Thanks

Happy2Play

With a quick test with "ACDC - Live at River Plate" there were no provider queries when the item was added to the library.  If I identify there is a query to tmdb and it is found.  Library content type Music Videos.

PenkethBoy

i have moviedb defined but behind the imvdb provider - but i provide my own images for all my Mv's so have not seen the missing images

and i have never tried to setup a music video library as movies

so no not seen this situation

If I identify there is a query to tmdb and it is found.  Library content type Music Videos.

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean when you say it is found with Music Videos content type.

If I goto tmdb and search for "ACDC live at river plate" it returns an answer only under "Movies" (see Pic10)

post-76620-0-69499500-1566942203_thumb.png

i have moviedb defined but behind the imvdb provider - but i provide my own images for all my Mv's so have not seen the missing images

and i have never tried to setup a music video library as movies

so no not seen this situation

And you're able to use music videos with MovieDB in yor music video library ?

PenkethBoy

@@Luke

Just tested this with imvdb disabled so only moviedb enabled

Added some new music videos to a MV library

And no queries are sent to moviedb - i.e nothing in the logs and no metadata added

test was on the beta server .6

These are my observations.

1. If I make the folder a "movies" folder, tick "tmdb" as my provider, 90-95% of my 'music videos' are found but the metadata is in the format of movies ie. no option for artists, albums etc. The missing 6-10% videos I could not find in the tmdb database if I went to the actual website.

2. If I make the folder a "music videos" folder, tick "tmdb" as provider, none of my 'music videos' are found. If I edit the metadata and manually add the tmdb id value for my music video, do a refresh of metadata, the metadata and images are found. I also notice the imdb value gets populated.

3. When the video is actually found, the poster image is displayed in landscape mode (which is due to the display aspect ratio mentioned earlier in the thread). I presume this comes about because the music video was not initially found, and the initial default image craeted by Emby is landscape. When the legitimate image is found ie. in portrait mode, it still displays it in landscape mode. I get the display to correct itself by going to edit the images, doing nothing, exit back out to the home screen, get back into my music videos and the display of the poster is now Portrait.

These are my observations.

1. If I make the folder a "movies" folder, tick "tmdb" as my provider, 90-95% of my 'music videos' are found but the metadata is in the format of movies ie. no option for artists, albums etc. The missing 6-10% videos I could not find in the tmdb database if I went to the actual website.

Yes we have some fixes to make for MovieDb with music videos. Thanks.

@@Luke

Just tested this with imvdb disabled so only moviedb enabled

Added some new music videos to a MV library

And no queries are sent to moviedb - i.e nothing in the logs and no metadata added

test was on the beta server .6

Ok I found the reason why, thanks.