Can't connect to server after router upgrade

qazwsx10
Go to solution Solved by qazwsx10,

qazwsx10

I upgraded our router from a Google Onhub to a Orbi AC3000 (to help with connectivity on the other end of the house).

After upgrading I did notice the connecting Host IP changed from 192.168.86.26 to 192.168.1.2. I tried updating the address and connecting to it on my Nvidia Shield and Android phone, but it didn't connect on either. However, when I type in the IP address with the 8096 Port on the Windows computer the server is housed on, I'm able to connect just fine.

Just in case if it was useful, I did include the most recent server log.

Any help is absolutely appreciated! Hoping to get this resolved before the wife comes home! Thank you!

EDIT: I forgot to mention I did go into my Windows Firewall and did the following steps (to Port 8096): https://wiki.mcneel.com/zoo/window7firewall

server.txt

Edited by qazwsx10

Happy2Play

Sounds like a firewall issue is you can only connect to the server by ip on the server host machine.  Have you tried restarting the machine?

• Like 1

qazwsx10

Sounds like a firewall issue is you can only connect to the server by ip on the server host machine.  Have you tried restarting the machine?

I think you are right! I did restart, but still the same. But I did turn off the Windows Firewall (temporarily) and I was able to connect just fine!

I attached images of my current settings and allowable apps for the Windows Firewall. Does anything look out of the ordinary?

post-491035-0-19313600-1566264920_thumb.png

post-491035-0-49012200-1566264926_thumb.png

• Solution
qazwsx10

I feel so dumb right now, I didn't click the check on the second emby server... After that and okay it has been resolved. Thank you so much!

Happy2Play

I feel so dumb right now, I didn't click the check on the second emby server... After that and okay it has been resolved. Thank you so much!

Was just going to say looks like you have a allow and a deny as can't see the full context of the rules.  But glad you have it working now.

darkassassin07

From the screenshot you posted, it looks like you have you network set as a public network aswell. That will restrict your windows firewall even more.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Without digging further it may be one was Private and the other was Public.  You may want to check the connection type but within your lan it is not that big of a deal.

yep Public network connection

5d5b52f0a37d5_firewall.png

Edited by Happy2Play

qazwsx10

Without digging further it may be one was Private and the other was Public.  You may want to check the connection type but within your lan it is not that big of a deal.

yep Public network connection

5d5b52f0a37d5_firewall.png

I'm a little new to this, but should I make the "Guest or public networks" not connected and make the "Private networks" connected? Or am I just talking jibberish?

Happy2Play

In the end it is always the users choice but there is a lot more settings applied when you choose your connection type to be Public vs Private.

5d5c31cb11822_network.jpg