Music playback on Note 8 is nightmarish

Tony Wild Card

Tony Wild Card

I have a Note 8, which is all fine and dandy. I moved to Emby from Plex, due to Music stuttering and lag, and of cause the devs. Ever since i started using emby, my music is a nightmare to play, to say the least. Playback is not stable, pausing it for more then 3 minutes, makes it impossible to resume, without a app shutdown. Replay last song is a 40/60 chance of it actually doing it, while it just more or likely not responds. I'm mostly issuing these commands, via a BT headset with embedded controls

Is this a widespread problem or is it just a Samsung phone compatible issue?

PS: The folks from emby, responded on my review on Play Store to write here. Just if it makes any difference ;)

• Like 1

Tony Wild Card

Thanks Luke!

Just to be clear, the trouble isn't my server nor internet provider. When i had Plex, it responded immediately to the music commands i gave it. But with emby, the responds is more or less never.

Just some more clues if it could help:

* Repeating or switching song, only seems to work if it is set to Loop or 1x Loop

* When I want to repeat the same song, in the middle of it playing. Many times it cuts off the song when i reach to the point in the track, where i pushed repeat. To get it going again i need to select the song manually

* Made a tread about this problem on the emby page at reddit. A guy said he had the same issue and that it was just recently that these problems arose

• 3 weeks later...
DerrickM

I have a similar experience with music playback. If paused for more than a few seconds often the app gets closed and playback cant be resumed without re-opening the app and starting my whole playlist over again. Also after getting a call, whether i answer it or not, I cant resume playback of music. I'm on the latest beta. Is there someway to store the playlist data so it can be easily resumed? Another thing i noticed, possibly unrelated, is that music plays for a second and the starts over again when beginning playing initially.