Everywhere - Display the real existence of subtitles

Richard Branches

Richard Branches

When there are subtitles available but they are not selected, the word "OFF" appears in the menu, however, when there aren't subtitles the word "OFF" is also displayed but it's misleading because it makes us believe there are subtitles inside.

The request is:

1) To display the words "Not Available" when there are no subtitles (it may appear a white square in the screenshots below but it's seems to be a problem with the forum):

5d5ae86913a4f_Screenshot1.png

2) Or to hide the menu altogether:

5d5ae87483088_Screenshot2.png

Edited by Richard Branches
  • Like 2

It should be hidden when there are none, just like the web app. We'll make that consistent. Thanks.

• Like 2

Richard Branches

It should be hidden when there are none, just like the web app. We'll make that consistent. Thanks.

Oh!, I didn't noticed it until you mentioned it, thank you.

We can hide it but it is not select-able and has a different display than when it is so isn't it already obvious?

Richard Branches

We can hide it but it is not select-able and has a different display than when it is so isn't it already obvious?

When I made this feature request I didn't know the web app already hid the menu and although I suggested two options I really prefer the latter, the idea is to have the interface across devices as similar as possible, that's why I also hope you fix the total time of the video in the Android TV and the rest of the apps where the information is not accurate:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/76341-total-time-of-a-video-is-not-displayed-correctly/

Edited by Richard Branches

• 3 weeks later...
Richard Branches

On beta version 1.7.50 I noticed you finally fixed this, don't forget to mark this post as "Completed", thank you.

• Like 1