Premium Legal IPTV

shadowtek

shadowtek

Hi guys,

after the awesome help of this community i now have IPTV working.

i am now considering options for a premium IPTV channel list and EPG provider.

Do you have any recommendations? 

I live in Australia and the wife would like access to USA channels also

TIA

Spaceboy

There is no such thing. Particularly when you are in one country seeking to gain access to another country’s tv

mark-in-dallas

I use iptv-epg for my EPG guide provider, and while I am really happy with how it is supposed to work, they have been experiencing issues with their service on and off for a couple of months now.  They are supposed to be moving to new servers soon, but for now its a bit hit and miss with them,.  Once they have the issues resolved they should be rock solid.

I also have xstream-editor, which works well, but I am not able to change the channel display order with their guide,   Their editor does give you an ordering option, but it doesn't actually set the order in the m3u link, whereas iptv-epg does.

ErikaJ

Good Day...I have been using a service provider for some 3+ years now and have seen them grow from a small footprint to what they are now. Using a VPN is not necessary but it helps with the streaming for sure. Minimal cost like 50USD for 3 months and you get something like 12,000 channels from a variety of countries. I only use the GBR, French and USA channell streams and they come across with an outstanding viewing experience. There are many reasons I have stayed with them so long after giving it a go with the regular players like TPK, Vaders (all versions) and many others. I also get the option of using their website connection and benefit from their EPG or downloading the m3u file. I use the m3u option so I can pick and choose the channels I want. I also use a couple of proggy's to control the EPG as I see fit. This allows me to order the channels in any way I want and using Notepad++ allows me to give each stream their channel number which also puts them in a defined order. Cheers...

Spaceboy

Good Day...I have been using a service provider for some 3+ years now and have seen them grow from a small footprint to what they are now. Using a VPN is not necessary but it helps with the streaming for sure. Minimal cost like 50USD for 3 months and you get something like 12,000 channels from a variety of countries. I only use the GBR, French and USA channell streams and they come across with an outstanding viewing experience. There are many reasons I have stayed with them so long after giving it a go with the regular players like TPK, Vaders (all versions) and many others. I also get the option of using their website connection and benefit from their EPG or downloading the m3u file. I use the m3u option so I can pick and choose the channels I want. I also use a couple of proggy's to control the EPG as I see fit. This allows me to order the channels in any way I want and using Notepad++ allows me to give each stream their channel number which also puts them in a defined order. Cheers...

did you miss the crucial word in the title? He’s after a legal iptv provider

Jrod696

There is a good legal one however there is no plugin for it on Emby, that would be https://www.ustvnow.com/

P#@x does have an addon so I do know it can be connected to a third party but as of now I have not been able to find a way or track down a plugin to make it work with Emby.

Edited by Jrod696

There is a good legal one however there is no plugin for it on Emby, that would be https://www.ustvnow.com/

I think the legality of that service is in question as well - especially if you lie to the sign up process and tell them you are out of the U.S.

ErikaJ

Good Day...It is probably for that reason there is no MB plugin. We in the military have access to it no matter where we are stationed, in or out of USA. Maybe a perk. Cheers...

• 1 year later...

I know this is reviving an old thread, but maybe there is something new out there. I am getting tired of using IPTV with all of their issues. Just lost two more providers. Just vanished. Is there anything out there that can give me legal US cable channels and works with Emby LiveTV? I guess m3u is out. Tried HDHR, hated it. Any other options?

20 minutes ago, dcol said:

I know this is reviving an old thread, but maybe there is something new out there. I am getting tired of using IPTV with all of their issues. Just lost two more providers. Just vanished. Is there anything out there that can give me legal US cable channels and works with Emby LiveTV? I guess m3u is out. Tried HDHR, hated it. Any other options?

This, maybe?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dcol said:

Tried HDHR, hated it. Any other options?

HDHR is one of the best ways to bring TV to Emby that just works.

Why did you hate it?  What HDHR device did you have?

Had Quadro Connect with Channels sub. didn't like the way it recorded OTA shows via cloud based and didn't have any cable channels available at the time.. Moved to Tablo for OTA and can store recordings on a local disk and transfer them to an Emby library with Tablo ripper. At the time it was the best choice to move, don't see anything better from HDHR now. But my goal now is to dump IPTV after 2 more of them disappeared on me. I just want to record a few shows from cable channels.

I wouldn't like that setup either but with a Quatro (4 tuner) connected to your LAN Emby does a good job recording and playing back.

A Vbox Gateway works very well as well.

2 hours ago, dcol said:

Had Quadro Connect with Channels sub. didn't like the way it recorded OTA shows via cloud based and didn't have any cable channels available at the time.. Moved to Tablo for OTA and can store recordings on a local disk and transfer them to an Emby library with Tablo ripper. At the time it was the best choice to move, don't see anything better from HDHR now. But my goal now is to dump IPTV after 2 more of them disappeared on me. I just want to record a few shows from cable channels.

You may be able to do this with PlayOn Desktop. I do.

• 3 months later...

Another downside to HDTV is my local cable provider does not have cable cards, so no way to use HDHR for legit streaming. I can't find any legal streams that works with Emby. With the new government rules coming, the existing IPTV providers are going to start dropping like flies.

https://www.complex.com/life/2020/12/covid-19-stimulus-package-for-profit-illegal-streaming-felony-punishable-by-10-years-in-prison

You could use a TVE login via Channels DVR and feed the m3u file into Emby.  Many people do that.
So you are using a legit cable login to get your stations.  TVE is basically ran by the different cable companies and you pay for the service as part of your monthly cable bill.

TVE will give you mostly network stations but not likely local stations.  You can get local stations via OTA antenna/tuner or via Locast if in your area.

Not sure what a TVE login is. I do not currently subscribe to any cable networks. But I do have a subscription to Channels DVR. Forgot what I initially used it for 2 years ago.

Local stations is covered with Tablo

TV Everywhere.  It's a service most cable providers give you to watch via cell phone, tablet or computer.

I don't know if TVE is part on the release Channels DVR or only in beta but it works well.  So update if needed and then try setting up TVE in CDVR since you already have it.  Once you get that working we can help you with the m3u file so it can be used in Emby.