Apple TV screensaver after movie/show episode

ShawnyRHarvey

ShawnyRHarvey

I can’t seem to find any mention of this, but does anyone experience their Apple TV switching to its built-in screensaver after watching an episode of a TV show? I can hear the audio of the following episode, but screen shows the Apple TV screensaver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vdatanet

@@vdatanet have you seen this before?

I use the beta version and I've never seen this. My son uses the release version and he has never complained. And I can assure you that if something goes wrong he complains (too much).  :D

ShawnyRHarvey

I use the beta version and I've never seen this. My son uses the release version and he has never complained. And I can assure you that if something goes wrong he complains (too much).  :D

Using the beta version as well. lol

It "magically" turns on the screensaver as it transitions between episodes.

I'm on tVOS 13 with my ATV 4K.

vdatanet

Using the beta version as well. lol

It "magically" turns on the screensaver as it transitions between episodes.

I'm on tVOS 13 with my ATV 4K.

I'm not using tvOS 13, I use the release version 12.4. Maybe the problem is with tvOS 13.

seanbuff

I have not seen this first hand, but one of my users told me they experienced something similar to this today.

They said they were playing a movie, paused it for a short break, when they came back the screensaver was on ...so they hit Play again to resume the movie, which began playing audio, but the screensaver remained on-screen.

They then exited back to the Emby movie details menu and it was still playing the movies audio in the background. They then hit play on the same movie again, and it triggered an additional stream, so 2 audio tracks playing on top of eachother.

In the end they backed all the way out to AppleTV menu and started again. It was fine after that.

Unfortunately i don't have access to the client device's logs, but i hope this info helps.

Device: tvOS 1.4.2.24

Edited by seanbuff

ShawnyRHarvey

Probably an tVOS 13 issue. After the lastest tvOS update, my AppleTV turns off after movies/episodes now  :unsure:

Probably an tVOS 13 issue. After the lastest tvOS update, my AppleTV turns off after movies/episodes now  :unsure:

That's interesting, thanks for the info.

corey

I think I've observed this at least once on tvOS 13. I'm a bit hesitant to make changes given that tvOS betas can be very buggy.

• Like 1

ShawnyRHarvey

I think I've observed this at least once on tvOS 13. I'm a bit hesitant to make changes given that tvOS betas can be very buggy.

I'll see if things are better with the new Emby beta once I'm able to load it tonight :)

Senna

My opinion is that people who choose to install tvOS beta, which can't be reverted on an Apple TV 4K, should accept the consequences of functionality breaking in apps.

Even the Devs from MrMC don't do app changes until tvOS 13 is final.

Below a quote from MrMC Dev Davilla:

Here's the issue about us installing tvOS beta 13 on our AppleTV4Ks.

1) tvOS beta 13 required xCode 11 (also in beta) for debug.

2) Installing tvOS beta 13 is a one way street on AppleTV4Ks. Once done, you cannot revert back to 12.4.

3) ITunes connect will refuse any submission for release if xcode beta is used to create it.

4) Having the release xcode and beta xcode installed on the same computer can cause issues as the clang compiler for non-xcode compiled code will be the beta one. So while one can compile MrMC using the beta xcode. Compiling depends for releases will use the wrong clang version. Which means getting ponked for a release.

It boils down to if I install xcode beta, my compile system is poisoned for releases. And that means, no 3.9.x releases until after tvOS 13 hits release.

So to test/debug on AppleTV4Ks, I'd have to setup another development system and get another AppleTV4K.

• Like 1

ShawnyRHarvey

My opinion is that people who choose to install tvOS beta, which can't be reverted on an Apple TV 4K, should accept the consequences of functionality breaking in apps.

Even the Devs from MrMC don't do app changes until tvOS 13 is final.

Below a quote from MrMC Dev Davilla:

I accept the consequences. I like to live on the risky side :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk