[FR] Add a chapter skip / visual seeking slider with images

FrostByte

FrostByte

Request: Add a visual seeking method with progress bar using thumbnails from chapter markers or the 10 second thumbnail generator (as defined by the users server options) for skipping.

Now that the >> << are remapped to next and previous items in a list there is no way to conveniently skip chapters during playback.  Exiting and going back to the details page to select the next chapter is inconvenient and so is clicking skip forward 50 times at 30 seconds a pop to get to where you want to be.

The ATV chapter skipping and visual seeking methods are good examples of a way to advance/reverse on the progress bar using thumbnails .  Click the UP key could bring up a slider where you can select chapter images and/or the newer bif images.  Then you can use the left and right arrow to scroll through the images

Currently the UP and DOWN keys are both mapped to bring up the OSD, so the UP should be free for other things like a chapter skipping slider

Edited by CBers
  • Like 16

• 2 months later...
fpezzino

Hello Guys!

Is it possible to implement the FF (Fast Forwarding) and also FR (Fast Rewind) playback features?

It would be nice to have similar functions as that one on Plex,

where if you select many times (maz 3 times) the >> button of Samsung SmartTV's remote control

you can choose to FF the current movie playback at 1x speed, 2x speed or even 3x speed?

Of course, it would be useful to have implementend the same feature but for the << button of Samsung TV's remote control.

Another little suggestion is to insert the number of total video/film inside each category, like Plex do:

5d5904be53d9c_PlexMoviesCount.jpg

Is there a way to say Emby Server not to store the metadata files inside the movies' original directory?

My intent is to separate metadata from movies files (MKV file).

Thank you in advance!

Regards.

• Like 2

Is there a way to say Emby Server not to store the metadata files inside the movies' original directory?

My intent is to separate metadata from movies files (MKV file).

Yes and that is the default behavior when you install the server so, if you are getting these in your media folders then it is because you turned ON this option.  Was it not clear what it was?

fpezzino

Yes and that is the default behavior when you install the server so, if you are getting these in your media folders then it is because you turned ON this option.  Was it not clear what it was?

Ah, ok.

I'll check as soon as possible.

Thank you! :D

Related to the questions about FF and FR functionality, can I hope to see implemented in a next version of Emby APP for Samsung SamrtTV?

Thank you again!

Best regard.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We are working on improving it. Thanks for the feedback.

I have seen lots of posts with ppl requesting ffwd for Samsung tvs.. Response since 2017 is that we are working on it... Any eta? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
maferrario

Hello everybody, I want to know if it´s possible implement this feature

https://imgur.com/a/cFSp1YF

To be able to select de progress bar and move the progress keeping holding the control button pressed. I dont need to see the miniature like the image, just being able to move fast via the progress bar would be enough. 

Yesterday I instead of pressing resume from, i selected play from the beginning, so in order to get to where I leave, I had to keep pressing the button each time to advance 10 sec. 

I think this feature is useful and won't get in the way with others if they dont want to use it. 

I own a RU7100 Smart 4K UHD TV (2019)

and i have the latest version of the app installed.

Edited by maferrario
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
Drobac Boris

Hey @@Luke can you update us about this feature request? Sometimes i fall in sleep while watching a movie, and next day i want to go back to where i stoped watching, but with this current way it is so slow it's pain to navigate that way.. also sometimes i want to check movie if subtitles are good till the end of movie for my mother to watch, and i can't.. Current way is good if you want to go back few minutes back if you didn't understand something, or you missed something..

FrostByte

Don't bif files already do this or is this client/app specific?

The Samsung client as of yet has no visual seeking or chapter selection option like some of the other clients

Edited by FrostByte

• 4 months later...

I have installed emby app v. 1.0.77 on my Samsung TV and emby server v. 4.4.2.

The OSD menu shows only the following buttons: play/pause, -10sec, + 10sec.

There is no rewind and no fast forward.

I cannot navigate into chapters and can't skip with remote control back and forward.

I have the same problem with the webapp and Emby theater for Windows.

How can I fix it?

post-635047-0-49675200-1588225750_thumb.jpeg

Hi there, we plan to add chapter skipping support in future updates. thanks for the feedback.

• Like 2

maegibbons

Request: Add chapter skipping.

Now that the >> << are remapped to next and previous items in a list there is no way to conveniently skip chapters during playback.  Exiting and going back to the details page to select the next chapter is inconvenient.

The ATV chapter skipping is a good example of a way to skip chapters.  Click the UP key could bring up a slider where you can select chapter images and/or the newer bif images.  Then you can use the left and right arrow to scroll through the images

Currently the UP and DOWN keys are both mapped to bring up the OSD, so the UP should be free for other things like a chapter skipping slider

Yes Please!!!!

My daughter is having to use Emby on a Samsung afrer being used to a Shield!

She is going NUTS that she cannot Press UP to bring the chapters up and skip by chapter.

Please Implement to save my ears!

Krs

Mark

• Like 2

markkundinger

i would like to +1 this feature as well.  

just this weekend finished watching a movie with the kids, they wanted to back up an hour to the funny part, and I couldn't use the Samsung remote to get there any time soon.

I ended up having to switch to the Apple TV and Apple TV remote (which I normally hate). to be able to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
Revenent

If possible, it would be great to have a jump to time index button as part of the OSD. For recorded TV where there aren't any chapters, this would be a lot of help (especially for sports).

A simple dialog box where you can enter hour, minute and seconds and jump between each with left/right, that would make things easy to use.