Cinema Mode Custom intro path disabled?

Headfritz

Headfritz

I was Just wondering if the Costume intro path for cinema Mode has been disabled. I know from the past it was causing me trouble with trails playing before each movie, Which has been fixed, so I was wondering if it had been disabled until it can do fixed or is just broken, sort of to speak. I have the Intro pathed put in, but it dose not seem to be working. The trailers do play but not the custom intro. I believe all my setting are correct. If it has been disabled until it can be fixed, that's fine I was just checking in. 

Hi, no it hasn't. The option is still there. Did you make sure to run a library scan after configuring it?

Headfritz

Yes, ran it a couple of times. I have undone the link, then scanned the libraries, then restarted the server. Relinked then ran a library scan, them restated the server. still doesn't work.

So when you hit plan a trailer will play, then the movie starts. What I would like to happen is, You hit play, a cartoon plays, then a trailer, (or vise versa) and then the movie. Right now that is not happening, just the trailer iplay and then the movie. 

Is that path you put in actually correct?  To be so, you would have to have a 'volume1' directory off the root of the drive Emby is installed on.

Did you maybe mean '//volume1...'?

Headfritz

The path was done thought the select directory. So the single "/volume1..." was thought that section process. I did go back and change it to "//Volume1...." but it still did work.  I've attached the log to see if that will help you.

embyserver.txt

post-459836-0-72434900-1566146921_thumb.png

If you navigate to that folder in Windows Explorer, what shows in the path line?

Never mind you are not on Windows.  However, this does appear to be an OS access issue:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume1/Cartoon Trailers/#recycle' is denied. ---> System.IO.IOException: Permission denied

Headfritz

So, What dose this mean? Is it something on my end that I can fix?  Also why would it deny permission and not deny it for the Movies folder let say? 

No, it's due to a permsisions problem trying to get the contents of the custom intros folder.

Okay, so '#recycle' is some sort of system folder inside there that the user may not be able to give proper permissions for?

Headfritz

My folder is on a NAS and I've checked the permission against the movie folder and they are set correctly. I took the extra step and made a new folder and moved everything to the new folder and link the path to it. Didn't work. I'm using a Synology NAS if that helps any. I've doubled checked the permission and they seem ok, I can go back and check again, but they are set the same as my movie library folder.  Could it be the naming of the folder that's the issue? Right now I believe I have it labeled as Cartoons Movies. 

• 2 months later...
Headfritz

The #recycle fold was created by the NAS. There should only be one #recycle folders in the Mounted folder. All sub-folders should not have a #recycle folder in them. 

Happy2Play

Looks like there will be the same issue with these system #recycle folders as we had with folders that begin with a period.

It would appear there is a option to disable the recycle bin on the share or change the permissions, but permissions will cause Emby to read the files in the recycle bin also.

Would appear the recycle folder is created on the share.

https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowledgebase/DSM/help/DSM/AdminCenter/file_share_recycle

Edited by Happy2Play

• 4 weeks later...