I'm trying out Emby as a replacement for iTunes for music. I'm using the AppleTV app. I've had a playback bug that I noted here, which I don't know if it's a server or aTV issue:
Additionally, there seem to be basic missing features from Emby for music playback. Are these known gaps or is there something wrong with my setup?
- No display of time elapsed or time remaining. There's what might be a scrub bar below the album art, but it's just a hollow bar, no time information.
- The AppleTV jump forward / backward 10 second controls don't work in Emby music
- I couldn't find any way at all to forward reverse within a song
- There's no way to skip a track, except for pulling down or menuing to get the album list (in a playlist) and then navigate to the next song and then select it.
- The "..." menu feature does nothing. I expected it to have additinal features, like playlist controls, or rating song or something. But it did nothing.
I admit I was confused by the Emby music playback UI on the AppleTV. I had trouble grasping what was where in terms of swipe down, swipe up, menu button.
iTunes in AppleTV is pretty lousy, so Emby is an improvement, if I can eliminate the random song restart bug. These UI issues are odd, but not killer compared to iTunes deficiencies.