Emby/NextPVR Issues Since Recent Updates (cant delete, duplicate recordings)

veletron

veletron

Hi

I left a mostly working system 3 weeks ago to go on holiday. I noted while I was away that both Emby and the NextPVR plugin got some updates, and unfortunately, this appears to have created some issues with Emby and NextPVR (I don't know which one!). Emby Server: V4.2.1, NextPVR Plugin V3.3.3.0 Emby Theatre V3.0.8

- Duplicate recordings - NextPVR appears to be recording the same channel at the same time twice - I assume via different tuners. This is for a series schedule, and creates two separate .ts files with the same time/date/length/content (!). It does not happen for all my schedules, but does appear to occur for recently added ones. I have removed and re-added the schedule in NextPVR (rather than via emby) in an attempt to fix this.

- MetaData is missing from newly made recordings - previously, all the info obtained from SchedulesDirect by NextPVR would appear in the info about the recording - now all I get is the filename of the recording and nothing else - no EPG Text / time/date/length/resolution etc. If I manually refresh the MetaData, some of the missing data appears - but not the EPG text, series info etc. This all used to work perfectly before the recent updates. The programme description/length/series info etc is all 100% correct on the EPG, the issue is that this data is not propagated into the Metadata associated with recordings anymore.

- Unable to delete recordings from the Emby Theatre front-end. In The NextPVR Recordings section, I delete a recording, it appears to have disappeared, then sometime later, if I re-visit the same folder, the recording has re-appeared (the associated .ts file still exists on the filesystem, NB: Its not permissions!) The only way I can reliably delete NextPVR recordings is to browse the filesystem and manually delete the .tx and .nfo files.

- When I do manage to delete recordings via the front end (usually after multiple attempts), the .ts file was getting deleted, but the .nfo file was left behind. This results in a load of containers for programmes previously recorded that are empty - eg if I have a 'BBCNews*****.nfo' file left remaining then I get a 'BBC News' container under NextPVR recordings that contains no actual recordings. The Only way I can fix this is to manually delete all the old, left over .nfo files from NextPVR's recorded TV folder (there were loads of them), and then do an EPG re-scan manually in Emby - this way all the empty containers vanish.

- In Emby Theatre if I skip through a video via the skip button on the remote, at some stage it fails to skip and produces the infamous forever spinning circle. From this point there is no possibility to play another recording or view live TV until I have first restarted Emby theatre. I am thinking this is an Emby Theatre bug rather than being directly linked to NextPVR?

- Unrelated to recent changes, often, when I try and schedule a recording from Emby, I get a spinning circle rather than a successfully scheduled recording, I gather than this is because the guide data as understood by Emby has changed since the last guide sync between Emby and NextPVR. As was recommended, I have a scheduled task running every 6 hours on the guide data. I can resolve this spinning circle issue manually by forcing the guide data to sync manually (via emby server settings), and then re-scheduling the recording, but is there a way to have Emby forced to re-sync every time the NextPVR guide data changes?

- If I were to shell out for an HD Homerun and use Emby's native PVR functionality rather than relying on NextPVR, would all the issues above simply disappear - most of them appear to be due to using Emby and NextPVR together.

Nigel

Edited by veletron

- Unable to delete recordings from the Emby Theatre front-end. In The NextPVR Recordings section, I delete a recording, it appears to have disappeared, then sometime later, if I re-visit the same folder, the recording has re-appeared (the associated .ts file still exists on the filesystem, NB: Its not permissions!) The only way I can reliably delete NextPVR recordings is to browse the filesystem and manually delete the .tx and .nfo files.

Hi ,there is an issue with deleting recordings from live tv plugins in the 4.2 release. It has been resolved for Emby Server 4.3. 

- Duplicate recordings - NextPVR appears to be recording the same channel at the same time twice - I assume via different tuners. This is for a series schedule, and creates two separate .ts files with the same time/date/length/content (!). It does not happen for all my schedules, but does appear to occur for recently added ones. I have removed and re-added the schedule in NextPVR (rather than via emby) in an attempt to fix this.

Hi, it sounds like this has to be reported to Next PVR, no?

- If I were to shell out for an HD Homerun and use Emby's native PVR functionality rather than relying on NextPVR, would all the issues above simply disappear

Probably as often the issues are a result of the complexity of linking all of these tools together.

• 2 weeks later...
veletron

Hi ,there is an issue with deleting recordings from live tv plugins in the 4.2 release. It has been resolved for Emby Server 4.3. 

Hi

The inability to delete recordings is the main wind-up. How do I download Emby 4.3 - I assume I need to become a beta tester as 4.2.x is the latest??

The duplicate recordings issue appears to have self-cleared. Meta data is still missing from all recordings (exists in EPG).

I will get an HD HomeRun at some stage and try that instead of NextPVR.

Hi

The inability to delete recordings is the main wind-up. How do I download Emby 4.3 - I assume I need to become a beta tester as 4.2.x is the latest??

The duplicate recordings issue appears to have self-cleared. Meta data is still missing from all recordings (exists in EPG).

I will get an HD HomeRun at some stage and try that instead of NextPVR.

Instructions are on the web site:

https://emby.media/download

Please browse the testing area of the community first to get a sense of issues being reported and if they may bother you or not. Thanks.