Windows Server 4.2.1.0 Next Up Problem

andyxoxo

andyxoxo

Hi ya, just in case it hasn't been reported yet would like to let ya'll know about a bug that seems to be in Windows Server 4.2.1.0 regarding Next Up for TV Shows. 

If I have no (zero, nada) TV Shows marked as "watched" then ALL my TV shows (to the limit) are shown on the main home screen under the banner "Next Up". As soon as I mark any one TV show episode in my TV show library as watched, and I do mean any one episode no matter what show or which series, then the home page Next Up goes back to normal and shows nothing under Next Up. Normal meaning it shouldn't show anything because I haven't watched anything due to this being a new install. But like I said, if I remove the watched from that any one TV show episode, then bam, all my TV shows are listed again on the homepage under Next Up. Bizarre....

Can confirm previous version 4.2.0.40 is doing the same thing (I had kept a portable install just in case of problems). So is this normal behavior? I can't see how it could be... why would marking one random tv show as watched effect how the whole entire Next Up displays itself? I haven't watched any tv shows at all so all shows being unmarked should not give any Next Ups, right? But it does, all shows!

Cheers

Edited by andyxoxo

Happy2Play

Yes, this is currently normal for a user with no watched status to show every series on the server in next up until the user starts watching something.

andyxoxo

Yes, this is currently normal for a user with no watched status to show every series on the server in next up until the user starts watching something.

Okay, thanks for letting me know... guess I need to keep one random show marked as watched so to force the Next Up to not show everything that I don't want to watch lol