#21 bizarro252 OFFLINE  

bizarro252

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Local time: 04:28 PM

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:33 PM

@speechles

Found an issue though, at least with HDHomerun tuner but I think its not releasing/closing the stream properly once playback correction in enabled...

I fired it up just now to let it run and watch for errors but it told me I didn't have an available tuner, looked at my tuner status in HDHomerun and both were still showing in use from the channels we watched last night.  Restarted it and tested again.

If I select playback correction and then leave the channel, it does not release that tuner back, must not be closing the stream correctly.

I just tested and selected one channel, hit playback correction, and hit 'back' on the Roku remote to get back to the guide, HDHomerun still shows tuner 1 active on that channel, selected a different channel, did NOT enable playback correction and pressed 'back' to get back to the guide and it released the tuner normally.

DOH!

Thanks

#22 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 148690 posts
  • Local time: 06:28 PM

Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:32 PM

We're looking into this. We think this content should probably be doing a full transcode anyway, and that will probably end up resolving it.

#23 bizarro252 OFFLINE  

bizarro252

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:17 PM

Thanks @Luke, for the stream not closing issue I discuss in post 21 not sure if that is on the Roku or server side, it only is not closing the stream if I force full transcoding in Roku.  "normal" viewing and backing out to the guide closes the stream properly and the HDHomerun stops the tuner.

#24 bizarro252 OFFLINE  

bizarro252

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:44 PM

Hi @speechles, just want to make sure you also saw post #21, forcing transcode works but brought out another issue that will need looked into.

Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LiveTV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users