Problem too many errors giving up

videolog
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

videolog

I purchased emby last fall to be able to use on vacation. I am now on vacation and live tv works on a few channels, others stutter or do not start. All previous movies recorded play fine. I recorded news on networks because of a situation back home and trying to play the streams I get" too many errors giving up" Any idea what would be the cause of that ?

Hi.  What is the video quality (bitrate) setting in the app set to?

If it isn't already, try "auto".

videolog

Sorry for the late response. I do have it set on Auto. I did try a real low bit rate as well as a medium bit rate. Same result.

videolog

Okay I just sent the log from AndroidTV, 7:50 AM est. I was trying to watch recorded show "news 9 at 5". I get a spinning wheel for about 10-20 seconds then a message "too many errors - giving up". User name is Dave. At the moment I am a couple of hundred miles away from the server, but will be home later today if you need server logs.

videolog

Also just tried this recording on my laptop. Got a message "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

videolog

Have you disabled any transcoding features on your server?

All transcoding features are the defaults as installed.

Are you positive that server log coincides with the issue?  It doesn't seem to have any access by the Android TV app.

In your app log, the server is throwing errors trying to retrieve the stream.

Are you using a reverse proxy by any chance?

videolog

Okay, I just tried playing the stream from Emaby on the server as well as emby app on android tv. Stream error on both. Tried playing the stream from WMC and it plays fine. Here is the latest log. The stream I eas trying to play is news 9 at 5. Also to answer your question, I have no isea what a reverse proxy is. I installed trhe program with the defaults.

embyserver.txt

• Solution

Can you try to play regular library content and see how that compares? That I'm guessing will be fine.

This is a problem with the server and will affect all apps. Or rather, it is a problem currently with the server and ServerWMC plugin, and the way they communicate with each other. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Same problem here. Can't play any videos or LiveTV now. I am dead in the water. Using Beta and put the debug on. errored @12:03 MST

I did try to do a convert on this file. Made no difference. New issue since last update.

Works fine on PC, just not Android. Tried 3 Emby servers same result

embyserver.txt

Edited by dcol

Figured it out, but still an issue. My android box was pointing to the wrong sound output device and this caused the errors. As soon as I switched it back to HDMI, it worked fine.

Issue is, it shouldn't do that. If ffmpeg throws an audio error, the video should continue without audio, or the error should state there is no audio device present, not a generic 'too many errors'.

Edited by dcol
  • Like 1

videolog

Not exactly the problem I am having. I am using serverWMC for TV. I have run a bunch of test's.

WMC plays back live and any recordings, weather initiated from WMC, Emby or Kodi.

Kodi plays back live and any recordings weather initiated from WMC, Emby or Kodi.

Emby will only play live tv. It will not play any recordings from WMC,  Emby or Kodi.

I also have a bunch of movies that I transfered and they play fine in Emby.

I should note this is the same on 3 different Mi-box's and on the PC.

Edited by videolog

videolog

Okay I made sure everything is up to date. Livetv and recordings play fine in WMC and Kodi. LiveTV is slow to start and stutters in Emby. Recordings fail to play. It is just a spinning wheel. This is on the PC server machine. I figured get this straighted out first, then worry about the MiBox. I tend to think dcol may be right about it being an ffmpeg error, but no idea where to look or how to fix.

I think these are the logs you are looking for.

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-c68462d7-1249-4ef3-ac96-77503fd187d9_1.txt