shield crashes when first using emby after not for a little

pr3dict

pr3dict

Sorry I dont have a good subject line for this but essentially the first time I start up emby on my shield and try to play content it will go to the black screen as if it's about to play it but then nothing happens and it crashes (it goes back to the main shield menu). 

If I instantly run emby again and then click on the same content, it plays without an issue. Any subsequent content in that same sitting without any gaps also does not cause a problem.

If I leave for an hour and come back, the process starts over.

Only happens on my shield, not the webapp, or android app on my phone.

Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee log is attached.

emby server log - shield issue 190815.txt

Hi.  After the app has crashed back to home, please restart it and immediately send a log from the app.  Then come back here and give me the time you did that and the local Emby user logged in.

Thanks.

vdatanet

Hi.  After the app has crashed back to home, please restart it and immediately send a log from the app.  Then come back here and give me the time you did that and the local Emby user logged in.

Thanks.

When I want to exit the application, sometimes I have to press "BACK" several times, until I get a black screen. Then pressing "HOME" I go to Android TV Home Screen.

I've sended app log at 0:02. Username: joan Server: embysrv

pr3dict

Thanks.

Hi - Sent logs at 9:48pm eastern. user was "Andrew" when it crashed but when I sent the logs nothing was logged in as the "send logs" button is on the sign in screen.

Edited by pr3dict

vdatanet

App crashed again, log sent at 9:35 user "joan".

I only experience this error when trying to exit the application (it doesn't always happen). I have no problem with playback. I don't know if it's related to the OP but I post here because it's a similar crash. If you prefer I will open a new topic.

embyserver.txt

Edited by vdatanet

Hi - Sent logs at 9:48pm eastern. user was "Andrew" when it crashed but when I sent the logs nothing was logged in as the "send logs" button is on the sign in screen.

Thanks for the log.  Something strange is happening when the device comes out of sleep.  I'll have to investigate to see what is causing it.

vdatanet

Thanks for the log.  Something strange is happening when the device comes out of sleep.  I'll have to investigate to see what is causing it.

Any news on this?

Any news on this?

I don't think your issue is the same as the OP's.

Please start a new topic and send an app log right after it happens.

Thanks.

pr3dict

pr3dict - when you wake your Shield back up, you are still sitting in Emby, correct?

Not every time. Most times I'm on the home screen of the shield. Also it doesn't happen Everytime the shield sleeps it could be just sitting for 10 min. My shield is set to sleep after like 6 hours or something.

vdatanet

I don't think your issue is the same as the OP's.

Please start a new topic and send an app log right after it happens.

Thanks.

I already did it:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/76575-sometimes-android-tv-app-crashes-at-exit-on-nvidia-shield/

It's not the same issue, but I think it's related when the shield sleeps. Now I usually kill the application after using it. But If don't remenber to kill it the problems with exit occurs. Maybe they are not related issues, I don't know.

Not every time. Most times I'm on the home screen of the shield. Also it doesn't happen Everytime the shield sleeps it could be just sitting for 10 min. My shield is set to sleep after like 6 hours or something.

What is your auto logoff set to in the app settings?

pr3dict

1 hour. I set it to 30 minutes a few hours ago and it still not working...

I use hdmi ARC/CEC to control the shield from my TV remote. Is it possible that when I turn off the TV and the shield goes to sleep that it is breaking it somehow?

vdatanet

1 hour. I set it to 30 minutes a few hours ago and it still not working...

I use hdmi ARC/CEC to control the shield from my TV remote. Is it possible that when I turn off the TV and the shield goes to sleep that it is breaking it somehow?

There are HDMI-CEC issues with new Experience 8.0. Try disabling that and see what happens.

Do you have it set to power off the Shield when you power off the TV?  If so, try at least changing that.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I still cannot reproduce this no matter what I try.  Is this happening to anyone else?

And Luke's question is a good one...

vdatanet

1.7.43g . I'm a beta tester for it.

I'm afraid the latest version is 1.7.52. Try with latest version.