Live TV Setup For Testing

sean_davidson

sean_davidson

Is there a trial of Emby Premiere? I am using Plex and have Live TV setup but want to test out Emby and see if that will work better for me for Live TV and DVR then Plex.

Just wondering.

Sean

arrbee99

Far as I know there isn't if it involves live tv, but unless you are averse to such things, you could do a months subscription for $5US.

Sammy

Is there a trial of Emby Premiere? I am using Plex and have Live TV setup but want to test out Emby and see if that will work better for me for Live TV and DVR then Plex.

Just wondering.

Sean

What tuner do you have and what location are you in?

LiveTV works great for me with SiliconDust HDHomeRun's here in the U.S. with the only issue being slow tune times due to building the pause buffer if you time shift.

bizarro252

If it helps motivate you :)  
I just moved from Plex earlier this month due to constant struggles with livetv and no help from them.  Moved to Emby and sofar there is been a hiccup or two but they are related to Roku.  The devs worked with me and others and we have a workaround while they release an update.  If you have Roku and run into issues check the forums, if you dont use Roku you should have no issues.

The involvement of the devs here blow Plex out of the water, I will not be going back - snag a month pass to check it out and see if you like it :)

bizarro252

We need to expand on our trial facilities in order to accommodate this. 

A trial (a week, heck even a few days just to check my HW/setup was happy with Emby) would have probably made me jump ship over here faster :P  I had to get angry enough with the alternative to give it a shot.

The involvement of the devs here blow Plex out of the water, I will not be going back - snag a month pass to check it out and see if you like it :)

I swear sometimes at night here it is 2am and I see @@Luke up posting help for tons of posts. I am on the west coast so add 3 hours. He woke up at 5am to begin replying to posts. Say his last post around 10pm. Which would put that at 1am.

He slept between 1am-5am. 4 hours sleep and is this good? A machine I tell you

Check inside luke for ball bearings, oil, maybe some fiber optics.. robot guts..

Not sure but whatever keeps him this active for all of this he runs on coffee, sugar and pepsi. I know I do. But having people that can work wonders in other areas while you do something over here makes all of this possible. Also communication. Just as you see everyone communicate devs to users, users to devs, users to users on the forum there is communication among dev to admin to dev to dev to etc.. It is the skill level Emby now curiously finds itself in and the Team that seem to make all of this come together. When you do something right you make it much easier for everything to just link together on its own. You find community building becomes the norm and people just collaborate to help each other.

It is a pleasure to have the opportunity to be part of this and help others at the same time. We are on the same team. We are Emby. As are you now Emby. It is greener on this side of the fence.  :)

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

Sammy

I swear sometimes at night here it is 2am and I see @@Luke up posting help for tons of posts. I am on the west coast so add 3 hours. He woke up at 5am to begin replying to posts. Say his last post around 10pm. Which would put that at 1am.

He slept between 1am-5am. 4 hours sleep and is this good? A machine I tell you

Check inside luke for ball bearings, oil, maybe some fiber optics.. robot guts..

Not sure but whatever keeps him this active for all of this he runs on coffee, sugar and pepsi. I know I do. But having people that can work wonders in other areas while you do something over here makes all of this possible. Also communication. Just as you see everyone communicate devs to users, users to devs, users to users on the forum there is communication among dev to admin to dev to dev to etc.. It is the skill level Emby now curiously finds itself in and the Team that seem to make all of this come together. When you do something right you make it much easier for everything to just link together on its own. You find community building becomes the norm and people just collaborate to help each other.

It is a pleasure to have the opportunity to be part of this and help others at the same time. We are on the same team. We are Emby. As are you now Emby. It is greener on this side of the fence. :)

Greener! I see what you did! LOL

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk