Not Playing Video When Playback Mode Set To Add-on (Default)

hieroglyph
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

hieroglyph

Videos not playing when playback mode set to Add-on (Default). This has been working for me up until now.

Emby Server: 4.2.1.0

Emby Addon: 4.1.13

Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/tawinovizu.kodi

If I change playback mode to Native (Direct Paths), videos play fine.

How can I get videos to play when the playback mode is set to Add-on (Default)?

Edited by hieroglyph

Angelblue05

Thanks for providing your log. I can't seem to replicate this on my side. The value missing is setup when Emby for Kodi starts up. Have you tried restarting Kodi?

If it still fails, can you try this build, it should correct your issue, but can you provide an updated log anyway? I've added logging to try to track down why this is happening for you.

plugin.video.emby-4.1.13a.zip

eraser1320

I have the exact same issue as @@hieroglyph with just about the same issues in the log, same version of the addon and server. I'll try the new version of the plugin later tonight, and get my log if it's still broken.

Thanks!

Edited by eraser1320
  • Like 1

hieroglyph

Keep me posted. Thank you guys. I’d like to have that fixed asap.

Apologies for the delay.

Here are the logs from v13a of the emby add-on.

Installed v13a, then rebooted via gui: https://paste.kodi.tv/fimimexobe.kodi

Followed by a local database reset and automatic reboot: https://paste.kodi.tv/ecaqikoziq.kodi

Tried twice, after installing v13a over v13 and rebooting, my device (odrioid-n2) hung with a solid red and blue light. The second time it never restarted from the gui reboot. Not sure how to capture logs of this, or if it's relevant.

eraser1320

Actually it turns out it's only sort of working for me. If I watch using the In Progress or Recently added links of either TV or Movies, they play. But if I try and launch from the movies or TV list it doesn't work, or anywhere else besides the In Progress or Recently Added lists. Here's the log if you need it.

Edited by eraser1320
  • Like 2

• Solution
Angelblue05

This should be back to normal with 4.1.14. There were upcoming changes to Leia that was going to break playback in Emby for Kodi but Kodi devs reworked their modifications and so the small fix put in place for that, which broke playback on CE has been reverted with this latest build.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

hieroglyph

This should be back to normal with 4.1.14. There were upcoming changes to Leia that was going to break playback in Emby for Kodi but Kodi devs reworked their modifications and so the small fix put in place for that, which broke playback on CE has been reverted with this latest build.

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for version 4.1.14 of the emby add-on.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for version 4.1.14 of the emby add-on.

The version should already be there, if not, go to addons > open the side blade or find the option to check for updates. This is the only certain way to see all updates available to you.

If not, it’s always available via sideload. Open addons > install from zip > emby kodi > public testing.

Edited by Angelblue05

hieroglyph

The version should already be there, if not, go to addons > open the side blade or find the option to check for updates. This is the only certain way to see all updates available to you.

If not, it’s always available via sideload. Open addons > install from zip > emby kodi > public testing.

Just confirming 4.1.14 works and allows me to play video when the playback mode is set to Add-on (default).

• Like 1