Retreiving

miniz98

miniz98

Hello i have a roku in wifes car and has worked perfectly the past year. Now when they try to watch a video we are getting a retrieving loading bar. Mkv plays immediately but everything else is a problem. Running windows sever latest beta.

Jgp1989

Hello i have a roku in wifes car and has worked perfectly the past year. Now when they try to watch a video we are getting a retrieving loading bar. Mkv plays immediately but everything else is a problem. Running windows sever latest beta.

Apologies for the interruption. This isn't normal. Do you have any ffmpegs from any of these attempts?

Which version number of Emby sever? Which version number of Roku app?

Do any items that need transcoding work for you on your Roku?

Edited by speechles

Jgp1989

Apologies for the interruption. This isn't normal. Do you have any ffmpegs from any of these attempts?

Which version number of Emby sever? Which version number of Roku app?

Do any items that need transcoding work for you on your Roku?

Jgp1989

Ffmpegs? I don’t know what that is. I have both emby, and emby betta. I have a TCL tv which comes with Roku. How do I find version of emby

If this is for any items that need transcoding will fail on Roku and become stuck on retrieving I am experience this exact same issue. I am fixing other things in the app at the moment but will dig into this tonight and see what is up. It is 9:31 PM PST. I should be good to dig at it for a few hours to see why?? I have not rebooted the PC yet because I am develop on the app at the same time as this occurs. So yeah even happens to us. You are not immune to issues just because you make the app. At any point things like this spring up and BAM something changed that wasn't the apps fault.

It is either:

A: Emby server changed and the app has to adapt

B: Emby server changed and broke how Roku does things

C: Roku firmware is now misreporting capabilities which will lie to our detection routines.

If it is C it will be difficult to proceed. I can check in a bit and sanity check my Roku TV capabilities and make sure it is reporting truthfully. Then reboot the PC and see if that fixes it. If not keep going until I figure it out.

This does not slow down app development because it didn't involve that part with transcoded video playing that was relevant to the things I am doing in the app right now. Which is why I never brought it up yet. But since others are obviously having this problem too I better chime in. I will have time tonight to dig into this and see what the hell is going on.

This is happening on my TCL Roku TV too and pissing me off. My cartoons won't play from the 80's. They are all XviD and AVI. They need transcoding.. lol

I need to finish what else I am doing work on the app on before I can move on this new bug. It shant be long.. lol

Stay tuned...playback problems are priority but I am already knee deep into these other changes and must finish or I will lose track of what was going on which will make bugs to fix later. I want to finish this part while it is fresh in my head with zero bugs to fix later. Please stay tuned. This issue is important and I will figure it out very shortly. This is the best I can do at the moment.

Edited by speechles

Yes please follow @@Luke's advice. This is the best path forward because more eyes than my own can be on the case. I know the Roku welll and have a fleet of them. I am the best person to ask. But I am only one person. Combined we are stronger. Sharing what is required so that we can help you would benefit us all better. I will also report back on how/what I have done to mitigate the issue.

Edited by speechles

Not yet. But today I can break things to find out what is causing it. I am done on the changes I was make last night so lets dive into this transcoding issue right now. :)

We're they recently updated?

Are you still having this issue? Obviously... right?

What model of Roku is in her car? Are these XviD inside AVI container? Or do you mean anything needing transcoding will fail?

Which Roku firmware version is on that model of Roku she has in that car? Does the Roku get updates like normal even though it lives in her car?