Synchronized media location (e.g. Android Auto playback)

Saviq

Hey all,

I know this has been talked about a couple times, but over and over I stumble on this change… Most recently I realized I won't be able to control my synced music playback through Android Auto. Unless/until Emby gains Auto integration / certification at least.

I understand the reasons behind the change to use the Download Manager, there's no point in reinventing the wheel. But maybe there's a third option? I'm sure Emby gets notified of successful downloads, couldn't it then move the downloaded files to a location accessible to other apps? Basically treat the app-only data directory as temporary storage for in-progress downloads?

That, or use the DownloadManager's API to download to a public location, enabling MediaScanner, too?

Thanks for listening :)

We're building our own custom download manager for the next app update, so more flexibility might be possible. But still, it will need to be a folder that the app has permission to write to and that will be limited.

Well, as long as it is one of the "public" areas that other apps can read, that should be fine :)

Thanks, looking forward to it. Shame the system one isn't cutting it.

Edited by Saviq

Hey,

I got the beta app and can say it probably behaves better downloading, but my problem above isn't solved - it still downloads to Android/data/…, which isn't accessible to other programs (and/or scanned by MediaScanner).