Channel Management and EPG Mapping

IkeTaylor11

IkeTaylor11

When are we going to start seeing progress on channel management and EPG mapping? It has stated numerous times by the admins this is coming. Even stated this would begin after the version 4 release. There has been no movement on this at all. Please implement the functionality below. 

1. Assign specific m3u tuners to a specific user

a. this means if i have 3 m3u sources I could assign source 1 to user A, source 2 to user B, source 3 to user C or source 1,2 3 to user D

b. this would allow us to get multiple subscriptions from the same source provider and assign each sub to a specific user.

2. Allow EPG channel unmapping

a. currently there is no way to un map a channel

b. Emby maps channels by name, not tvg-id or tvg-name from an xmltv

c. Emby grabs EPG from all EPG sources in a top down manner so you have to load xmltv sources in a particular order to get them to work correctly

This is very basic functionality and isn't asking for much. I have been told more advanced channel management is coming. While we wait for that please start to make some progress on this. 

• Like 1

Hi, we're moving as quickly as we can to make everyone as happy as possible. Hopefully we'll have something soon. Thanks.

IkeTaylor11

Hi, we're moving as quickly as we can to make everyone as happy as possible. Hopefully we'll have something soon. Thanks.

Does that mean you are actively working on this? Or that its still a feature request and nothing has been even started with it? 

davidkejzlar

I also hope the mentioned EPG suggestions will be implemented, because any mistake means deleting all channels and assign it once more.

Other functions will also be nice :

- possibility to turn off/on EPG updates from selected xmltv (if EPG for same channel is present in more xmltv sources, it's impossible to find, from which it will be updated and if just channel is listed with no data in xmltc it will also appear in list)

- add name to Xmltv source to see, from which xmltv source the EPG data for channel are fed

Is there plan to implement OTA DVB/ATSC EPG? I don't know, how in reast of the world, but in Europe free EPG data are broadcasted OTA for all channels and this would solve all present/upcoming issues with EPG and xmltv.

Also it would be nice to be able to set pre/post padding per channel, or be able to edit it when scheduling recording. Public channels generally don't need any pre/post padding, for some commercial channels 10 minutes is enough and for other channels 30 minutes is needed, this also depends on time (during day it's less, in primetime it can be 30-40 minutes).

Edited by davidkejzlar

kikinjo

This has been requested many times already, think it is time to prioritize these features so we can have usable live tv management.

• 1 year later...