Qnap Ts-x73 Gpu transcoding low usage

RobertRBK

RobertRBK

Hi , 

Im not have much experience witch Qnap and Emby.

But i start configure and i loved.

I put to my Qnap Asus gtx 1050Ti system recognize cart. Im setup card for Container station.

I see Emby use card in transcoding section (Advanced ) shows my GTX 1050 Ti  all suported codex selected.

When i play movie usage gpu max for 30% some time 40% but most time is 10-20% 

But Cpu 70%-90% 

Any advice how to fix it ( I selected im menu use 1 core , 2 core or automatic and is not do much.

RobertRBK

Is working but not well video stuck CPU is very high but gpu is only 30%

File is HevC H265 24724 kb/s

thats same file from Kodi + Emby on Nvidia shield work much much better.

5d531b1a2082c_Beznazwy1.jpg

This is the main emby server log, thank you. can you also attach the ffmpeg log from the time of playback? thanks.

Ok i tested again. I change ram for 32 GB Get better cooling system for GPU but result that same H264 mkv gpu usage is 0% or same is gpu even 50% use but jumpy clunky like hell

Hi, this comes up a lot, so I've answered this by adding it to our wiki:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Hardware-Acceleration-Overview#troubleshooting

Please let me know if this clears things up for you. Thanks.

RobertRBK

Ok Is clear but in text write subtitle can be a problem but not if i use srt and that type of text i exactly use. Is still not enough? 

but in text write subtitle can be a problem but not if i use srt

Sorry I don't understand what you're trying to say. Can you please explain a little bit  more? Thanks.

RobertRBK

Sure sorry for my English im not a English guy :)  Answer what You give me is  subtitle can be a issue , and one of the advice i to try use "Use external text-based subtitles instead, such as .srt " and that exactly what i use and this still not enough? or is problem somewhere else?

Sure sorry for my English im not a English guy :)  Answer what You give me is  subtitle can be a issue , and one of the advice i to try use "Use external text-based subtitles instead, such as .srt " and that exactly what i use and this still not enough? or is problem somewhere else?

Can we look at an example of that?

RobertRBK

ok im tested again. In found where issue. Video junky , random stop or problem play is from website. When i use app is all work fine i open in that same time 4k file on 2x nvidia shield (kodi ) Emby Plugin , windows 10 (Emby program from windows store) , use desktop mode on mobile samsung note 9 (android) and ask friend to play on his home and all work fine . The random problem if i use from website