How should I Configure Live TV for optimal performance in my setup?

Harblar

Harblar

Hey all!

I've been running my live tv via a cable card in WMC7 for the last year or two with moderate succes (works great until I go on trip for more than a week... then it manages to stop recording my shows and somehow require reactivation by the cable company. super!) and would like to access it from within MBT instead. I'm just confused as to how best to implement it. Here's my current Hardware/software setup:

Main File Server:

11TB UnRaid File server

Main MB Sever (my desktop/gaming rig):

Intel i7 2600K

16GB Ram

Nvidia GTX760

Win 7 Professional 64bit

HTPC (MBT):

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500

8GB Ram

Nvidia GTX560ti

Ceton Infinitv4 TV tuner card

Win 7 Professional 64bit

Everything is running on a hardwired Gigabit network.

So... how should I change my setup around to make it better for Live TV?

Do I need to move the Ceton card to my Desktop PC?

Should I use the NextPVR server plugin or the ServerWMC plugin? I'd prefer to stay away from WMC if possible, because of past issues, but I'm not even sure if my tuner card is compatible with NextPVR or if NextPVR will work on MBT...

If I understand any of this, what would be ideal is having both MB Server and my Ceton Card installed and running on my UnRaid server, but that's on a linux based system so I don't see that happening anytime soon. Not even sure how that could be done... but it'd be neat! ;-)

Anyway, based on what I got, how would you set it up? Did I forget to mention anything that might be relevant to the setup?

Thanks!