Logos in Home Video Collections?

Smitty018210

Smitty018210

Is it not possiable to have logos in your home movie collections? I can't seem to get them to work. Also do series.xml no longer working?

Smitty018210

My apologies Ebr, My question is it not possible to have logos in the “home Video” Collections? I have them in the movie and tv series and they show up just fine, but those in the Home video folders are not showing. In MB2 I could put a logo.png in a parent folder and it would be inherited by all other folders beneath it. Is this not possible anymore? Also none of the logo.png files are shown in the home movie collections, at least as far as I can tell. They show up in the square theme in the art work section, but as the default icon. It also shows up in the right location, (top left of screen: square theme) but also as the default icon. I would put a screen picture with this, but I can’t seem to be able to take a screen grab of MB3.

In addition in MB2 series.xml would show in the summary of the nero theme when in poster view and they also don’t seem to be working. Should I change these to another name?

Sorry I didn’t explain things better in the first post. I know better than to do that. I will do better from now on when asking questions. I just switched completely fromMB2 to MB3 and I’m still trying to get a hold of all the changes. Thanks again.

Okay, I assume when you say "MB3" you are talking about MB Classic?

In any case, in the new MB world, we have an extensive metadata management system built into the server.  You can use that to manage the images and all other metadata for everything.  So, instead of trying to put files in certain folders, bring the items up in the web client and hit the "Edit" button. Then you can have access to all images and everything else for that item.  Don't try and hand edit xml files either.  Just do it right there in the editor.

If you still are having trouble, I will need to see some screen shots of exactly what you are talking about.  Alt-prtscr will grab the current window image.  If you are trying to grab MBC/WMC then you need to put it in windowed mode first - you can't grab screens when WMC is full screen.

Smitty018210

Yup MBC.

Screen shots  you asked for.538a84b788364_Defaulticon1.jpg538a84eba1305_MBCSummarylogo.png538a84faccb32_MB3serverprtscreen.png

Edited by Smitty018210

Smitty018210

"Don't try and hand edit xml files either.  Just do it right there in the editor."

I have said before that I have created 100s of custom xml files for MB2, some are working others are not. Are you telling me that I will have to edit or recreate everyone of those with the server?

It kind of depends on how old those files are.  Our metadata format has changed in some cases because we provide a lot more data now.

If you had "series.xml" files for something that you are now indicating is a "Home Video" then that isn't going to work.  Home videos are designed to not retrieve any metadata from the internet but, I believe, they will read a "movie.xml" if it exists.  But, the format may or may not be correct for what we are looking for now.

As for the images, if there is none on the server, then there won't be one in any client.  But, it actually looks like there is a blank or invalid logo image in that particular folder.

Smitty018210

Ok wow that's a little disappointing, but I understand why. I use Home Movie because, I don't items downloaded from the internet (picture, metadata,ect) Is there away to lock collections so no changes can be made to them from the internet? 

As for the logos, why would they work fine in MB2 but not in the server or MBC? What would cause it to become invalid?

As for the logos, why would they work fine in MB2 but not in the server or MBC? What would cause it to become invalid?

I'm afraid that's just not a question I can answer.  I haven't looked at the MB 2 code base in almost two years.  A lot has changed but, mostly my comment is based on the fact that the server appears to think there is a logo there (with a size and everything) but it is not displaying.

You can lock individual items and even individual fields within items to keep them from being changed.

Bottom line, we haven't dealt with much MB 2 migration in maybe six months so I'm not familiar with everything that is or isn't compatible anymore.  On the whole much of it is but we have continued to evolve and enhance which, in some instances, has probably taken us further away from this.  Something like home videos is probably one of those instances.

Smitty018210

Ok Ebr, thank very much for the help, I just like having my own custom metadata for my files is all. I haven't played around with server much because every time I do something gets changed and then I have to try and fix it. I don't just have custom xml files for my wrestling video collection but also for my movies and tv series. To be honest I wasn't going to move to MB3 because I was happy with what I had with MB2. And didn't wait to make the move to MB3 because I knew it would end up being a ton of work for me. But my copy of MB2 just stop working altogether the other day and would no longer load properly . I just kinda need to play catch up now. Thanks again for the information. :)

Smitty018210

Ebr, just wanted you to know that I got almost everything I asked about fixed and working. You right I will have recreate all of the xml files I made in the past, but I think I am getting a hold of the server and how it works. The issues the logos seems to be the size of them. They didn't seem to be big enough. So I increased their size and sure enough they work now. Thanks again Ebr!