Emby app en TV it is automatically deleted

Samua

SamES

Just another link saying 2015 will delete developer apps on reboot.

https://developer.samsung.com/forum/thread/tizen-2015-app-deleted-after-reboot/201/306906?boardName=SDK&listLines=30&startId=zzzzz~&startPage=71&curPage=73

I wonder if it would help if you put your TV into developer mode, or can 2015s even be put into developer mode

And this is a good example of where J series Tizen's are a bit different to the later models.  It's always surprised me actually that Samsung is not more aggressive in deleting dev/side loaded versions of apps.  I know LG do with their dev apps.  You actually need a LG dev account to even load them

OK, I'm awake now. :lol:

So if you've made sure you have the latest version of the firmware, and the most recent version of the USB app then that's a good step.

I've never owned a J series but I'm certain this series initially supported Orsay and Tizen apps, it was a bit of a hybrid.  I think eventually they dropped the Orsay support, but I get the impression that the Tizen OS that was left is not as fully featured as the later models.   For example, the development emulator is quite different on the 2015 models from what I can recall.

When the USB app is created, it is possible that it does have an expiry built in.  Can you double check that the date and time is set correctly on the TV (from inside the TV settings menu).  Do you set this manually or automatically?  If this is wrong it would cause a problem.   

Are you able to get it to load and run at all?  We do have our own reminder notice to update the app after a period, but we don't delete the app.  If you can get the app to run at all, do you receive any 'Emby' styled messages about updating?  We hope to release a version of this every month or two. It will be interesting to see if the next version causes you the same problem.

Other than that I don't really have any new ideas.  I keep my eyes out in case there is any related issues for USB loading on this model

Thanks for the answers.

On the subject of the clock I have not noticed. Now I am not at home, when I return I will look at that subject, although I suppose it will be in automatic mode.

The app is installed perfectly, I go to the apps and run it without problems, I even configure it and it works perfectly, menus, playback, etc. and as long as you don't turn off the TV everything goes smoothly, but turning it off and on again is when you remove it. The app does not take out any expired message or any other message.

I do not know more than tell about it, but by the link of the user post FrostByte gives me that in these models the S.O. TV eliminates everything that does not come from the Samsung store. I don't know if this in the app you can avoid it.

FrostByte

Thank you for your effort. I start to fear the worst and is that as I said if it is not in the samsung store does not let keep it, you can install the app, try it and in the next reboot of the TV it removes it.

Ah, I forgot to comment on something else curious.

I have connected to the Emby server through the web browser of the tv and the link http://tv.emby.media and 2 things happen:

1) It asks me to configure everything, that is, ip, user, etc. I do it and everything works correctly, but if I leave the web browser and go back to the link mentioned above, it asks me again for all the configuration data (ip, user, etc.). That is, every time I enter the web browser I have to configure access.
2) Getting around that web browser through the arrow control is very slow and with the pointer command the horizontal scrolls are crazy to succeed.

Anyway, I don't see light at the end of the road to use emby on my tv.

CBers

Anyway, I don't see light at the end of the road to use emby on my tv.

You could always buy a device to plug into your TV, such as an Nvidia Shield, an Amazon Fire TV box/stick, or a Xiaomi box and use the Emby ATV app.

You can then move it between TVs if needed, or when you upgrade your TV.

Just a thought - more money I know, but you won't then be reliant on Samsung not deleting the app.

• Like 1

I just spoke with a "Samsung expert" via chat to indicate the problem and it is sent again and again indicating that since it is not the normal operation of the TV, they cannot address the problem. Come on, it sounded to me that if you don't talk to him to ask him things like changing channels or a little more, life becomes complicated. Not even telling it to the developers of the operating system.

I seriously consider not buying anything again Samsung, because a high-end TV that cost me a lot of money does not give appropriate support seems painful. We have been accustomed to the fact that if a device something is not supported, although it can be solved, it is better to buy another device that already supports it, that the money you spend is very good for the company. A pity

When the USB app is created, it is possible that it does have an expiry built in.  Can you double check that the date and time is set correctly on the TV (from inside the TV settings menu).  Do you set this manually or automatically?  If this is wrong it would cause a problem.   

As I assumed the date and time are correct on TV.

vdatanet

My children solved the my Emby+Samsung problem. They accidentally broke the TV with a soccer ball. New TV (not Samsung) + Nvidia Shield. I decided not to punish them for the favor they did to me.

• Like 2

My children solved the my Emby+Samsung problem. They accidentally broke the TV with a soccer ball. New TV (not Samsung) + Nvidia Shield. I decided not to punish them for the favor they did to me.

hahahaha, you also had the same problem as me?

vdatanet

hahahaha, you also had the same problem as me?

No, I started to use Emby on an older Samsung Orsay TV. But when my children broke that television, seeing Samsung's policy for the distribution of applications, I decided to buy a television not so smart, but complemented by an Nvidia Shield.

• Like 1

greenengineer

Unfortunately same problem here. Samsung 2015 Tv.. app auto deletes after restart. 

I keep the usb in so tv auto installs it again...

but always writing Server address / user name etc is pain...... 

so for now i am using plex.. where there are no problems.. :(

FrostByte

Unfortunately same problem here. Samsung 2015 Tv.. app auto deletes after restart. 

Thanks for confirming the issue with 2015s

• 1 month later...
EmbyHomeUser

Same here. J model in developer mode.

I blocked samsungcloudsolution.com , samsungcloudsolution.net , samsungqbe.com , samsungacr.com and pinned the app. I have already turned off and on a couple of times and it was not deleted but the only communication attempt by the TV was to log-ingestion-eu.samsungacr.com.

Will keep updating.

Edit:

added samsungelectronics.com to blocking list.

Edit 2:

App automatically deleted. Changed the region to UK and installed from store.

Edited by EmbyHomeUser
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...