File is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library?

serendrewpity

serendrewpity

This File is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library

Current situation: I get the above message every time I try to play a video. No matter which library [Movie, Music Videos or TV Series]

How I got here: I believe what happened, was that I installed a beta version of Emby Server on my Qnap. I backtracked and recovered. Everything works as expected there as far as I can tell. However, when I tried to watch a movie on one of the Emby clients running on a Kodi, on LibreELEC on a RaspberryPi3B+ I get the above message. I tried to reboot without changing anything. Same. I tried refreshing media through Emby context menu options. Same. I tried something else, can't remember. Same. Then I did a reset local database. Went as expected and rebooted. After it came back up I got the expected dialog asking me to identify my Emby server and then with a credential challenge where I entered my userid/pw.  Then a bunch of stuff started popping up and asking me what I wanted to do but they went by too fast and what I was left with before I could do anything was a library selection dialog. So I selected ALL.  After that went away, I saw ... just one of the dialogs about if I wanted to use native or direct paths. I chose default. There were at least 2 other popups that appear briefly and I was expecting to see them as I responded to one dialog after the other. but there were only these 2 and I am sure there was 4.

Anyway, it went and did its thing, but when done I still had the same problem click on any movie/series/video and get the above message.

There's a tv in my living room running 4.05 client. It was able to play media normally on it. So I did another reset on the problem RPi and this time I cancelled all the dialog windows. Instead I went into the addon settings, and using VNC I was able to get the settings to match as much as possible between the working and non-working clients. The problem system is using Emby client for Kodi v4.1.12.  Then I rebooted and dialog windows came up again asking for server and login credentials, Immediately again, I got a bunch of popup messages that kept appearing on top of each other. I had already configured the settings and re-entered my servername and login... [Not sure why it asked me for it when I'd already entered it manually when I configured it to match the working Kodi]. Anyway, at this point I cancelled everything and went into the Emby for Kodi addon and added libraries one at a time. 

This worked and I am back up and running on one of the Rpi's.

Yes, I screwed up on the Emby Server and the beta version but there is also something funky going on with the client also. 4.0.5 seemed to recover from the mistake I made, why not 4.1.12?

Hi, it sounds to me like you probably need to do a full sync with the emby for Kodi add-on.