Change in Live TV On Now Display

BAlGaInTl

BAlGaInTl

I have the Live TV display as part of my Emby home screen.

The On Now portion used to be ordered in a different way.  It used to put channels I've watched recently up front, but now it just seems to put everything in order of when it started.

This is irritating since I only watch a couple of channels, and the On Now feature used to be a great way to jump to those channels.  Now I have to go to the guide, or scroll far across the On Now to find what I want.  In addition, I can't easily tell what channel anything is since it isn't listed.

Is there a way to get the old sorting back?

5d50b9bfe6052_LiveTVOnNow.png

If you are wondering why things are listed multiple times, it's because I'm in an area that gets broadcasts from networks in two different cities.

Thanks for any insight or help.

BAlGaInTl

I thought I was nuts but yeah, I really liked that as well.

Me too... I thought it must be something I was doing.  I don't recall what server version changed it.  I don't think I caught it right away.

Another idea would be to have the choice of "On Now" or "Recent Channels" in the home screen configuration.  So instead of just having "Live TV" as a selection for the home screen, you would have "Live TV - On Now" and "Live TV - Recent."

Then a user could have one, the other, or even both on their home screen.

Thoughts on this @@Luke?

Spaceboy

Me too... I thought it must be something I was doing. I don't recall what server version changed it. I don't think I caught it right away.

Another idea would be to have the choice of "On Now" or "Recent Channels" in the home screen configuration. So instead of just having "Live TV" as a selection for the home screen, you would have "Live TV - On Now" and "Live TV - Recent."

Then a user could have one, the other, or even both on their home screen.

Thoughts on this @@Luke?

absolutely, I’ve seen things like this handled by some sort of simple toggle on the screen above the row so you can flick between the two views

• 1 year later...
Nostradamus1973

Does anyone know if the the(Live TV) "On Now" channels has been fixed where we can choose what's displayed?

Mine keeps showing XXX stuff, I know deleting the channels in the m3u fixes it, but, once in a while I'd like to view them(for research purposes ONLY 🤫). I've tried reordering my m3u Channels & Groups from A-Z and Z-A, without avail.

I hope there's another way so I won't have to remove my research.

Thank you for your time and help.

-Pete

Edited by Nostradamus1973

Spaceboy

my On Now row just shows the first X shows from my guide in channel number order. perhaps you have your guide sorted by last watched?

Nostradamus1973

Yes, that's one of the first things that came to mind. So, I visited a dozen or so "other" channels to see if it would replace them and it just won't go away. So, whenever I'm trying to watch something with my family I scroll away from that section like it's an Olympic Sport.

• Haha 1

Spaceboy

:)you didnt answer the question, do you have your guide sorted by last used? if so change it to sorted by channel number

Nostradamus1973

I'm sorry, I should have said "Yes, I've changed the guide."

I've tried Channel Number, Recently Watched, and by Title. My guide changes accordingly, however, the main(home) page still remains the same.

It's been a while since I've posted and the rules are a bit foggy in my mind; Can I post a screenshot? Or, should I link it?

Spaceboy

yeah you're right, just changed my guide order expecting the home page to follow but it doesnt. sounds like a problem to be dealt with by the dev's imo

Nostradamus1973

Would I have to file a "ticket"? Or, would a moderator jump into this thread and dive into the convo so a dev can be made aware?

I'm gonna attach my screenshot just in case someone needs a reference.

Thx for taking the time to help me out SpaceBoy🙂

Screenshot_on-now-issue.jpg

• 1 month later...
ghaugabrook

Any update or expected update to the "On Now" order? This request has been since 2019. Can we get a maybe soon or probably never, so we'll at least know where we stand?

2 minutes ago, ghaugabrook said:

Any update or expected update to the "On Now" order? This request has been since 2019. Can we get a maybe soon or probably never, so we'll at least know where we stand?

Hi there, what order would you like to have?

I have guide sorted by title but on now is sort by number. I would prefer if it is the same as the guide.

Nostradamus1973

I ended up pulling my hair out for a bit using a guide editor to rearrange mine as well to get the preferred look. That being said, it would be awesome if the "Last Watched" could show up there instead of what keep's happening.

Thank you

Nostradamus1973

Thank you Spaceboy for clarifying my last statement, I hadn't had my morning coffee yet; I should probably implement a 2 coffee minimum policy before posting. LOL!

ghaugabrook

Yes this has helped a lot. After reaching out yesterday, I decided to use the erdesigns editor to shorten my list to the channels I mostly watch and the movie channels. I ended up with about 200 channels. Still, populating the list with last watched is a much needed improvement. Great Job Emby Team! 👏

Spaceboy
44 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Doesn't it already follow your selected guide sort order? 

No as posted above on the homepage mine stays in channel number order whatever I set the guide order to. Nostradamus’ is in last watched order and will not change to channel number order