Emby Theater Change/Update? Quick Question

naeyaert

naeyaert

Hi Emby

I've been a long time users - love your app.

Quick question, I recently ran into a weird problem where my Emby Theatre showed a blank screen after launch by the screen saver worked perfectly.  For some weird reason I could not get Emby Theater to show my library but I could connect via any other device and stream so the server was working perfectly.

I then decided to reinstall and now Emby Theater looks quite different - with cut down options on the setting screen.

Has something recently been overhauled?

My current versions are:-

Server - 4.2.1.0

Windows Emby Theater 1 .1.257.0

The interface looks quite different with a big green block around each movie as you navigate.

I also notice that the window in EMBY Theater has a white ribbon on the top - like it's in a window.  Can that be removed as it looks horrible on my big screen (I'm running a PC into my LG TV)

Thanks for the help - Rob 

Hi looks like you're running the windows store version. If you install the desktop version from the website it will have more playback options.

But as for display both versions have all of the same features as before. I would check the display options in the app to configure them as you want.

naeyaert

Hi looks like you're running the windows store version. If you install the desktop version from the website it will have more playback options.

But as for display both versions have all of the same features as before. I would check the display options in the app to configure them as you want.

OK - but was there an update or had anyone recently reported the "black screen" issue when Emby Theatre is run?  It was working perfectly for years and all of a sudden when launched all we got was a black screen - then after 10 minutes the Emby addon screen saver kicks in as normal.

It's really weird and unusable hence why I needed to install the other version...

Help?

Cheers Rob 

naeyaert

I apologize for the black screen problem. Are you still running into that?

Yes still having the issue - I just downloaded (again) the Theater software from your website (the non Microsoft Store version) and it launches and then I get a black screen forever - and then the Emby screensaver appears.

When I launch the Microsoft Store version, it works as normal.

Can you please advise?

Many thanks Rob

naeyaert

Thank you - the deletion of the Electron directory solved my black screen issue.  I am grateful but I am still none the wiser over why this issue arose.  Can someone please let me know the reason for this?  Many thanks

• 3 months later...

@@naeyaert

With the Emby Server 4.3 release, the web app will have a few screensaver options: Emby Logo, Backdrops, and Photos. Emby Theater has these now.