Issues with my .m3u tuner

Oracle

At least in one of your ffmpeg logs, your iptv provider returned an authorization error:

[http @ 0000021474472680] HTTP error 403 Forbidden
http://venom.media:8080/live/PlexGaMxxx/xxxxxxx/13993.m3u8: Server returned 403 Forbidden (access denied)

For further investigation it would still be good to have a log with a single client session only.

mark-in-dallas

I gave it an unlimited line so not a connections issue -- I see it on every client but not all the time -- the same m3u in plex plugin does not do this -- will change the pass here shortly 

My guess is that is the problem.  I don't know of any IPTV provider that allows for unlimited connections.  Most allow only between 1 to 3 connections at a time.  I have a 2 connection limit with my IPTV provider and had a similar issue just last month, but haven't had the issue since changing my password.

It looks like you are using Venom Media, and according to their website they have 3 plans:  $8.99 per month for 1 connection.  $12.99 per month for 3 connections, and $17.99 per month for 5 connections.

If you are using the maximum number of connections and try to stream beyond that, it can cause the looping or spinning wheel issues, and even if you are not the one attempting to stream more connections than your service allows, it is possible that some bad guys are, as softworkz mentioned.

Also, when I tried the variable bitrate hls or m3u8 stream, I had the looping issues as well.

knuckle

as stated before -- it is an unlimited line and there are no connection limits and if I pull up the same channel in plex and play them side by side emby freeze frames where plex does not -- so does plex just handle the hls streams better because when I switched to TS is when I saw the looping 

from this morning -- one client ( web ) 

Thanks for the log. Which problem did you experience here?

The stream was regularly stopped by the client.

It's difficult to see this from the logs. Was there an ffmpeg log as well?

What happens when you start watching a stream and after like 10s you pause (not stop) playback for like 30s and then continue watching?

Pausing does help but having to pause every few minutes is as aggravating as the freeze frames 

That wasn't meant to be a solution. I'm just trying to narrow down the problem.

It's difficult to see this from the logs. Was there an ffmpeg log as well?

• 2 weeks later...
knuckle

Those are the logs for the day in question ( which doesn't matter as it freeze frames all the time ) -- I take it transcode logs do not show anything either ? 

The stream data is received and processed fast enough, at least.

We're currently working on some significant updates to this area though. 

I've put you on a list and contact you as soon as we're ready for testing the new stuff.

• 1 month later...
knuckle

no unfortunately it hasn't and to add insult to injury I am unable to modify my m3u url now to reflect certain changes ...

knuckle

in the m3u tuner I am unable to change anything it returns unless I restart the server a dozen times

Alert
There was an error saving the TV provider. Please ensure it is accessible and try again.

in the m3u tuner I am unable to change anything it returns unless I restart the server a dozen times

Alert
There was an error saving the TV provider. Please ensure it is accessible and try again.

And, is it accessible?  There are a lot of issues in that world right now...

knuckle

yes I created the line and it does take eventually but the process is a huge pain -- in this last week I have had to change a few things in "that world we are in right now" and every time it has taken several restarts to get emby to take the changes .. I know this sounds like petty venting but my plan was ( if I can get it working smoothly ) putting Emby on its own dedicated server and getting some serious use out of it -- just not there yet

yes I created the line and it does take eventually but the process is a huge pain -- in this last week I have had to change a few things in "that world we are in right now" and every time it has taken several restarts to get emby to take the changes .. I know this sounds like petty venting but my plan was ( if I can get it working smoothly ) putting Emby on its own dedicated server and getting some serious use out of it -- just not there yet

@@knuckle

This means the server could not reach whatever path you entered. Did you enter a url or a file?

I entered a working url the same url I use in plex with unlimited connections and after restarting emby several times it will finally see that line now lets say that right now I want to change that line to another -- I cant just edit it I must remove it-- restart emby enter the new one - restart emby and in most cases do that twice before emby drops the nag screen and takes it

pir8radio

put this in the user agent field for your m3u tuner in emby.   Most of the xtream servers block emby because you are not allowed to re-stream.    and Helix doesn't offer unlimited concurrent connections. 

Kodi/16.1 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; NEO-X7-216A Build/JDQ39) Android/4.2.2 Sys_CPU/armv7l App_Bitness/32 Version/16.1-Git:2016-04-24-c327c53
Edited by pir8radio