how to delete empty "album artists" ?

CChris

CChris

Hi all,

I have reassigned some of my samplers and corrected their album-artist information.
Now, all samplers are listed within one album-artist item, but still I have the old one left - now, empty...

the strange thing is, that I can't delete it after selecting the artist....

5d4dde7388a79_2019080922_57_44Musik.png

Any Idea, hwo I can get rid of this artist?
It has the same Music-Brainz ID than the "correct" Album Artist, and also, I have changed the name hoping, that emby will then merge the two items together... but this did not happen.

Thanks and with best regards,
Chris

If it's there it's assigned to something, but that screen just isn't showing. Perhaps an individual song. That screen doesn't show single tracks.

Happy2Play

Right you have to verify every track from every album that was previously VA.

example 89ad4ac3-39f7-470e-963a-56509c546377 VA id

5d4e1d4d42e9a_picard.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

CChris

Thanks a lot :)
This will probably also help me in answering another (similar) topic here!

I will try to see, what I can find - but, since I have manually set the Artist Music Brainz ID, i thought, that emby would merge these two information together.

OK, I think, I got it.
-> while I've set the Music Brainz ID for this album Artist, and all tracks seems to be assigned "correctly", the meta-data information for each track in some albums have missing "MediaBrainz-ID" for the Album Artist.

I don't know, why, but maybe this information will not be set, if you just edit the Album Artist and assign the MediaBrainz ID to the album artist directly.

Edited by CChris

• 9 months later...
marky9074

Sorry to resurrect this thread. I had similar, and after the recommendation of software from a user here, edited the musicbrainzalbumartistid to Various Artists for all of these tracks. This caught most of my issues, however I found that some albums still refused to fix themselves. I believe that the NFO files that were generated originally (with incorrect or undesirable tags) were still overriding the amended tags, so had to remove those albums, edit the NFO's to remove say album artists where there was more than one entry, and re-add to the server.

What I don't understand, is why when you edit the metadata, this is not then written to the tags (as an option anyway), and why when editing an album there is no way to change the album artist (only the musicbrainz and audiodb album artist).... If the NFO is written and for some reason it is not 100% correct, then there is no way you are going to fix the problem, bar deleting or editing the NFO...?

• 4 weeks later...

What I don't understand, is why when you edit the metadata, this is not then written to the tags (as an option anyway), and why when editing an album there is no way to change the album artist (only the musicbrainz and audiodb album artist).... If the NFO is written and for some reason it is not 100% correct, then there is no way you are going to fix the problem, bar deleting or editing the NFO...?

Hi, regarding the album, it depends. Were you editing at the album level, or individual song level?

marky9074

Hi, regarding the album, it depends. Were you editing at the album level, or individual song level?

Hi Luke. It was at the album level, if you could edit multiple tracks at the song level I would do it there, but as far as I can see you cannot select more than one track to edit?