Emby For Kodi Pi 4 Multi User Question

mbc0

Hi,

Currently as there is no way to log out/time out a user on the LG App I am looking for the best way to support multi users on a Raspberry Pi using Kodi & Emby For Kodi.

I have created a user profile in Kodi and installed the Emby for Kodi add on and it has been scanning in my library for the last 3-4 hours (still a way to go though!)

Is the best way to create seperate profiles on Kodi for each user or is there a way to select each Emby user through one profile on Kodi?  Just thinking as otherwise I would have to install the Emby For Kodi for each user and scan in each user as well?

Many Thanks for any guidance!

Angelblue05

Emby for Kodi is one Emby user per Kodi profile. However you can also use Embycon to access those users from the main profile, if that is something that would make things easier for you, as the profile system in Kodi is not so great.

Emby for Kodi is one Emby user per Kodi profile. However you can also use Embycon to access those users from the main profile, if that is something that would make things easier for you, as the profile system in Kodi is not so great.

Ah, thanks for the reply,

Sorry to be so needy but have not touched Kodi for about 7 years or so!

Do I need Emby for Kodi as well as Embycon or are they seperate?  I want the most rich / slickest possible setup so if that means a new profile for each user and scan using Emby for Kodi than so be it or if I was to have a single profile on Kodi and run Embycon  I understand there are not as many features?  I have a pi 4 so cpu & network speed is good!

Thank you

Angelblue05

They are separate addons that can run alongside each other. Emby for Kodi syncs one user’s content to Kodi per profile.

Note parental control provided in Emby is not supported with Emby for Kodi.

Embycon is lightweight, it just provides access to your Emby content the same as other plugin that provide content in Kodi. Since nothing is synced to the Kodi database, you can change users within the same Kodi profile.

For max compatibility with Kodi and it’s addon, it’s best to use Emby for Kodi with native playback mode. But if you do, you have to make sure Kodi has access to your files directly.

• Like 1

Ok, 

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, 

Parental Control and auto logging off is paramount so Embycon it is!