Value cannot be null. Parameter name: netmask

Balage
Go to solution Solved by Balage,

Balage

Hello There,

I'm having trouble after Media Library update. I deleted my added Media Library first and added new Media Library Locations. After that initiated a Scan Library and since that Emby Server is not available anymore.

My Asustor is 3202T with latest AMD 3.4.1.R7Q6

Using MacOS 10.14.6

I tried to turn off and back EmbyServer on AppCentral

Uninstalled and reinstalled EmbyServer from AppCentral 

Installed the newest version from this page version 4.2.0.40

When I try to start Emby Server from the NAS, it is using this address: http://192.168.1.150:8096

The only thing appears here is:

Value cannot be null. Parameter name: netmask

See Emby_failed to connect in attachment

When I try to use http://app.emby.media to connect my server, I get the Connection failed message, see connection failed2 attachment 

How ever the server is not available anymore, I can see in the System Information that Emby Server Process is running, see attached file.

I searched /volume1/home for Emby log files, could not locate/find

I went through couple of other threads here, with in relation with connection problems, but I could not find any solution.

Could you please help to find out where the problem could be?

post-485532-0-50075100-1565277407_thumb.png

post-485532-0-76710000-1565277779_thumb.png

post-485532-0-67217600-1565278159_thumb.png

Edited by Balage

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log? You can get it from the emby server dashboard. Thanks.

CChris

Hi Luke, I am not sure, if he is able to access the dashboard :)
The Server does not run at all.

@Balage:
Can you access the file system and collect the logs directly from there?
I am pretty sure, that one of the config files might be corrupted - I will try to see, if I can figure out, which one does contain network information.

But: in that case, reinstalling the application should have worked, I guess...

Balage

Hi Luke, I am not sure, if he is able to access the dashboard :)

The Server does not run at all.

@Balage:

Can you access the file system and collect the logs directly from there?

I am pretty sure, that one of the config files might be corrupted - I will try to see, if I can figure out, which one does contain network information.

But: in that case, reinstalling the application should have worked, I guess...

Balage

Hello Guys

CChris, could you please guide how to get the requested file? I do not really know how to get it from Asustor Linux.

CChris

I cannot tell you exactly how to for your system, since I do not know the system - but basically, the Logs are stored here on Linux systems:

/var/lib/emby/logs

Maybe, you need to connect to your device with SSH to be able to see the directory...
Then, you could copy them to a drive, that you can access from your computer for attaching them here.

For the configs, I first need to check on my system - I don't remember the exact path... ^^

Balage

Hello There,

I could access with SSH/Putty the given location, on volume1/home/var/lib. Unfortunately no folder "emby" in there.

update:

I found the correct location mentioned on this forum/different thread:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50354-settings-location/

/var/lib/emby-server/config/system.xml - but unfortunately in my case /var/lib/ does not contain anything named emby or emby-server

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here we go!

Please find attached the embyserver.txt

embyserver.txt

Edited by Balage

CChris

thanks.
Something has corrupted your installation (and the log is full of these errors):

2019-08-08 18:37:02.151 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=4.2.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

"The system cannot find the file specified"
How did you change the Media Library Locations?

It might be, that this change has somehow corrupted your installation...

But this would not explain, why it is still not working after uninstalling the app from the AppCenter.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with this NAS device, so I don't know, if uninstalling the application will really remove it completely... :-(

Maybe, someone will have an Idea, based on the information from the logs... and maybe, I will be able to find something, that could help, with a bit of google "vodoo"... ^^

Balage

Thanks a million for digging that deep!

I noticed that error in the log too.

What my weaknesses are: Nas/Linux and the Emby. Those are all new for me.

I will keep googling as well.

Those loader exceptions that are filling up the log are from installing Emby Server 4.2 and then rolling back to 4.1. Why did you do that?

Balage

Hello Luke,

Couple of times I tried to install/uninstall borh versions. Sincs the 4.1 is available in Asustor but 4.2 is on this site for Asustor. But none of them seems to work now.

But one thing is sure haven’t do that so many times as visible in the log.

Hope that explains

Since you've already used Emby Server 4.2, can you please go back to that by installing from the website? Then if you have a problem please attach the log file and we'll be happy to help. Thanks.

Balage

Sure thing! You helped a lot already.

Unfortunately I will not be able to do that before 6 PM CET but will get back to you when completed.

Thanks a million

Balage

Great, thanks !

Hello Luke,

I was able to uninstall the version 4.1 - log attached, after and was able to install version 4.2 - log attached.

Unfortunately nothing changed, Server still does not start only the process is running - I can see that on the NAS - Pocesses view.

Hope you can find out more of the problem.

Thanks in advance and cheers,

B

emby41Uninstall.txt

Emby42install.txt

Edited by Balage

CChris

Hi,

thanks.

does your NAS provide anything like a firewall or does it have some kind of settings, which could block accessing the webinterface from emby?

Also, I do not know, if this is normal, or not... from my point, I don't think, that the network address should be 0.0.0.0

2019-08-09 17:17:57.800 Info App: Init BeginReceive on 0.0.0.0

The server is definitely running, you're just having trouble reaching the web interface. Why don't a fresh start by deleting or renaming this folder:

/home/emby

The error message from the 4.1 log suggests you may have configured network settings in such a way that could lock yourself out.

• Like 1

Balage

Hey There,

You Guys are so helpful, I could not even imagine that such nice people still exists.

I have a rather complicated home network, but hope it will be changed soon. I have two routers, with enabled DHCP on both. All my IT equipments are hanging on the secondary router, and the primary router gives IP only for the secondary router. So unfortunately my NAS is in a different subnet than the WAN IP of my primary router. So to have the NAS available for outside network I enabled NAT but I have to do it on both routers, so double NAT, as well as port forwarding. I hope I did no mess that up, did I? I could even try to delete all my network modifications.

I will try a "fresh start", like Luke suggested, and will get back to you with the result.

Will get back to you soon.

Thanks and cheers,

B

Hello you Both,

Here is what I did. At this time in Windows10 64bit Environment.

1 - Renamed /home/emby - fresh start as Luke suggested. Get a bit better, since the Web Interface starts, BUT tells: "Site cannot be reached" - refused to connect.

2 - Checked for log file, which is strange, since I renamed it earlier to OLD_emby_OLD. Please find the log file attached as renamed emby.txt. It is fresh from the morning, showing couple of errors, like:

2019-08-10 03:54:50.311 Error PortMapper: Error creating port map

2019-08-10 03:54:50.431 Error MediaEncoder: Timeout while running ffmpeg -hide_banner -version
2019-08-10 03:54:50.440 Error MediaEncoder: Error when calling WaitForExit after exited event has fired

2019-08-10 04:04:43.521 Error HttpClient: <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">

<SOAP-ENV:Body>

3 - removed all my modifications from both of my routers in port forwarding, as well as on the NAS I created manual ports for Emby earlier, but to be honest it was not necessary at all, since Emby was just working fine until I messed it up somehow.
4 - I checked the processes, and there is NO Process anymore, for Emby

Do you have any idea still? How about to delete manually everything from the NAS which is related to Emby? - since I can now fully access the FileSystem, like /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server

I tried to rename here the /system folder. Got the same result.
I tried to rename the main folder in /AppCentral as: OLD_emby-server_OLD. Still the same.

What the strangest is, that no matter which folder I rename, no new folder were created instead! - In Windows environment I have more experience, that should have been newly created, should it? (Or is Linux that much different from Windows? I don't know...)

Thanks very much again for all of your effort to try to sort this problem out.

Cheers,
B

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

tried to play with the renaming. I have renamed the:
/home/emby
/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/emby-server

to:
/home/OLD_emby_OLD
/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/OLD_emby-server_OLD

I have turned off and back again Emby Server in AppCentral. I get back the Emby in Processes, but, I have now a different error, when tried to turn the app on again, telling:
"This action cannot be completed because there is already a emby-server folder inside the Web shared folder. Please first remove or rename the folder before trying this action again."

Might this be the one what I need to rename, I guess, but where is it, if none of the above ones I have renamed already? I tried to search for more folders "emby" in it's name on the File System, but did not find any.

post-485532-0-50389100-1565412930_thumb.png

post-485532-0-98515500-1565412936_thumb.png

Renamed_emby.txt

Edited by Balage

• 2 weeks later...

Hello There,

Is there any update on the problem?

Still cannot get this work. Would you mind to check please?

Thanks in advance

B

CChris

Hi, I can only guess at this moment, but I would think, that the path that you are using (and which you have renamed) could only be a symlink on linux
/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/

On a default linux installation, Emby will install its components on other paths - which would explain, why a) no new folder will be created and B) nothing changes, when you rename the "symlinked" folder.

On my Linux Server, emby Data is stored here:

root@emby-server:/var/lib/emby# ls
cache  config  data  logs  metadata  plugins  root  transcoding-temp

the emby-server.conf is stored on /etc/emby-server.conf

root@emby-server:/etc# ls emby*
emby-server.conf

Don't know, if this will help you....

Hey There,

I'm slowly going to give it up.

I reinstalled the whole NAS, deleted everything, reinitiated, all my disks, formatted.

Tried to install the latest EMBY.

No Log folder /home/emby is available, not created at all, in @plugins/AppCentral/emby-server is there.

The server is running, I see it in the Processes: Emby Server,

When I try to start it up: the error is the same as above: The page cannot be loaded, refused to connect: 192.168.1.150:8096

All the ports are enabled on the NAS, primary/secondary routers.

Anything else to try?

Thanks B

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tried the BETA version. No success. I don't know what went so wrong, but Emby process does NOT EVEN start anymore. And if so, there is nothing on port 8096, so that explains, the "connection refused" message.

What now?

Edited by Balage

• Solution

Now the last question is: how to close this topic?

Solution was: Factory Reset on my NAS, reinitialization of disks, formatted - white page, new start.

After whiping all my data, Emby Server I was able to install and get back running. Everything is working fine now.

It was not easy. So you may close this topic now.

Thanks for all your support.

Cheers,

B