Films/series can not be played from usb drive

Mariner2

Mariner2

I have a Samsung Smart tv model: UE48J6370 SU.Connected with a portable usb hd. On the hd several film/series.

With the source button ,arrow buttons  and enter/OK button I scroll to the series I want to play and select the specific show and press ok. But than nothing happens. I cannot  play the  selected  show while I could do so before.

It is a problem of this Samsung, because on another Samsung smart tv I have no problems playing the selected shows.

Please help!

FrostByte

What version of the app are you running?

Can you provide a log during the time you tried playing please?

Mariner2

Sorry I am a complete newbie on this tv. So what app do you mean, where/how can I find it?

Don't know how to make and/or provide a log. 

FrostByte

Probably the easiest way to get the version number is on Emby server go to Dashboard while the app is running and then under Active Devices you should see the version

Then the logs are under Expert settings on the left

Mariner2

I believe that I am on a wrong forum. I don't use any EMBY software, server or anything with te name EMBY.

I only use the stuff mentioned above, a Samsung  smart TV and a usb portable hd which is plugged behind into the tv .

If this is not the right place for this problem please advise where to go.

I believe that I am on a wrong forum. I don't use any EMBY software, server or anything with te name EMBY.

I only use the stuff mentioned above, a Samsung  smart TV and a usb portable hd which is plugged behind into the tv .

If this is not the right place for this problem please advise where to go.

With Emby you can stream videos from a computer or other device to your Samsung Smart TV.

https://emby.media