24 replies to this topic

#21 mistercoffee OFFLINE  

mistercoffee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Local time: 05:45 AM

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:52 PM

If you have UPNP enabled in the Emby server, that would not work with the VPN. If it's enabled in the Emby server, disable it.

Thanks, tried that but no change.

#22 mistercoffee OFFLINE  

mistercoffee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:00 PM

Why are you changing the port? Given that you have access with PIA disabled, the problem lies with them. With Torguard I just stuck with 8096. Some of their ports have restrictions. I imagine PIA may have something similar. In my case I have two routers to forward through before it gets to the VPN. I don't think this is an Emby issue. I think you need to check with PIA.

Yeah I'm not saying it's an Emby "issue" as if it's Emby's problem or a bug (nor is it PIA's), I'm just trying to troubleshoot my inability to get both apps working together.

#23 mistercoffee OFFLINE  

mistercoffee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:05 PM

@Luke and @Doofus no worries if you're out of suggestions (or time) for this. It's probably not worth more of your time. I tagged people who had done this successfully before hoping they would weight in but no dice. Cheers and thanks.

#24 sundevil67 OFFLINE  

sundevil67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Local time: 02:45 AM

Posted 08 September 2019 - 01:12 PM

I actually just gave up. I use noip.com for DNS & am able to access my Emby server remotely most of the time. I finally managed to get Live TV working reasonably well, so I've been afraid to rock the boat. I allow access to a handful of users & accept that if I'm connected to the VPN that authorized remote users are just SOL. I'd really like to enable VPN & SSL, and there are probably some scary security risks involved with the way I have it set up today... but I remember reading somewhere that NordVPN no longer supports a key technology required for this, and that there was also a compatibility issue with my Archer A7 router.

@sundevil67, @sfatula, @Doofus, do you have any VPN tips?

Edited by sundevil67, 08 September 2019 - 01:12 PM.

#25 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 136138 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 01:13 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pia, vpn, remote, macos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users