Scheduling records not working on some devices

nanuk
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

nanuk

Hi *,

I've another "problem" with the LiveTV Part in Emby (using MediaPortal Plugin)

When accessing emby for example via web browser (chrome) the scheduling of reccordings is not possible.

When I try record any tv show from the tv guide, the busy ring appears and nothing is happening anymore.

Doing the same via Emby LG App on my TV all works correct... a short message saying something like "recording scheduled" appears and I can see the scheduled recording in my schedules.

I've also tried 2 times from my emby android app... same behavior as in the chrome browser... doesn't work

I will attach that part of the emby server log... you will see everytime I try to do a schedule via emby android app or web browser you can find a error in the Logfile

Would love to have a solution for this problem ;-)

thx in advance

schedule_error.log

pünktchen

I guess it's a Emby core problem, because the LG app is always behind. Anyway, give me some time to replicate this and your other problem.

nanuk

I guess it's a Emby core problem, because the LG app is always behind. Anyway, give me some time to replicate this and your other problem.

sure, take your time ;-)

nanuk

hi pünktchen,

I know this sounds wierd, but I tried it again a view minutes ago... and now it works as designed, as well with chrome as with the emby app on my phone?!?

I absolutly have no idea why!

I've tried many times today and it never worked and now it does....

????

PS: the other prob (deleting recordings) still exists

Edited by nanuk

The server log looks ok to me. I think this will have to be debugged in the media portal plugin.

It could also just be that your guide data in emby was a little out of date and needed to be refreshed.

• 3 weeks later...

The server log looks ok to me. I think this will have to be debugged in the media portal plugin.

It could also just be that your guide data in emby was a little out of date and needed to be refreshed.

Hi Luke,

this hint really was the solution to the problem.

Today I had exactly the same problem again... tried to schedule a tv show and then the busy ring appears and nothing happened anymore :-/

Then I went to the expert settings in my emby dashboard and went to scheduled tasks and started the "refresh guide" task manually and after this finished everything worked fine again.

Can you tell me whats the reason for this behavior? And when the right time to do the refresh guide task to avoid the busy ring?!?

Edited by nanuk

• Solution

Im not a media portal expert but it sounds like the data in media portal changed, and you needed to refresh the data in emby to keep them in sync.

I would suggest configuring the schedule of the automatic refresh in emby to run around the time that media portal finishes it's refresh process.

• Like 1