movies . unable to click on the letter and moves to the movies of that letter

mbu10
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Running newest stable emby and the newest firestick with just installed emby client.

I have a movie collection.

when i select the letter on the left hand side , it just goes back to where it was and does not go to say "K" kingkong.

Just stays where it was

any ideas ?

jibenito

The same thing happens to me, maybe a bug? I use the client in a Xiaomi TV Box S

Edited by jibenito

• Solution

Hi.  Do you end up on the same item no matter which letter you select?

If so, find that item in the web or mobile app and "Edit Metadata".  Make sure there are no strange characters in the Sort Title (if it is blank that is okay) and then hit "Save".  Then go back to this app and see if it behaves differently.

Thanks.

• Like 1

vdatanet

Hi. Do you end up on the same item no matter which letter you select?

If so, find that item in the web or mobile app and "Edit Metadata". Make sure there are no strange characters in the Sort Title (if it is blank that is okay) and then hit "Save". Then go back to this app and see if it behaves differently.

Thanks.

I have the same issue. It works on Series and it doesn’t on movies. But I think the issue is on server side, because I have the same issue on web the app and iOS app. Edited by vdatanet

vdatanet

Now I see the issue on the server side. In this case, I press "B":

5d4999d92cc34_Anotacin20190806171534.jpg

I thought it didn't work because at first I always see the same movies. But when you press "B" all those that start with B and a special character come out. If you press "B", movies that start with ?¿!·.... should not appear. Those movies should be shown when you press #. This should be moved to te General/Windows section. It's not related to Android TV app.

Edited by vdatanet

"well to be honest i do think it should

"I have the same issue. It works on Series and it doesn’t on movies" that is the same for me BUT

This does not happen to me on the web interface or on my phone (so cannot be server side_

This only happens on the fire tv's i have in the house, and only for the movies folder

i do not have any weird movies starting with weird characters "

my fault followed best answer to the letter from the admin and worked 

my movies are now ordering them selves again 

thanks admin

Edited by mbu10

vdatanet

Now I see the issue on the server side. In this case, I press "B":

5d4999d92cc34_Anotacin20190806171534.jpg

I thought it didn't work because at first I always see the same movies. But when you press "B" all those that start with B and a special character come out. If you press "B", movies that start with ?¿!·.... should not appear. Those movies should be shown when you press #. This should be moved to te General/Windows section. It's not related to Android TV app.

I've removed those special characters and everything is ok now.