Can’t login or connect

K1ng_Lear
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

K1ng_Lear

Hi there,

I am currently with my family in japan and tried to set up a connection to my server here from the amazon fire tv stick, too. Unfortunately I couldn’t connect with EMBY connect nor with manual connection. I received a volley error and / or that the user or the password were wrong. To avoid a miss spelling of the PW I set up a new user with a one letter PW and i wasn’t able to connect, too.

I sent a report from the app at approximately 11:10 am Japanese time.

Thx

Hi there, are you able to connect with other apps such as the web app on a smart phone?

K1ng_Lear

Hi there, are you able to connect with other apps such as the web app on a smart phone?

Hi Luke,

yeah I can still connect and stream to my mobile devices which I brought with me. To verify i tried a login from the safari on my iPad, too, and it works flawless.

When you get the username/password error, are you signing into the app with the password?

K1ng_Lear

Yes. I established the connection to my server by set up the server address manually. The security is maintained by a reverse proxy and the address which is showed under the serve name is with lan port and not the entered wan port. I think this came from the reverse proxy handling. Nothing else I couldn’t connect by enter the username and password by hand. I always get a „incorrect user or password“ as response so I set up a user with a one letter name and password with same result. After this I tried to connect via EMBY connect and my admin account and get an volley error as message on the screen.

Edited by K1ng_Lear

Hi.  Is this the first time you've tried a remote connection with this app?

It sounds like the issue where the reverse proxy is not forwarding the entire payload to the server so some data is missing.  What is the reverse-proxy? 

Ahh... Wait a second - If I found your log then this may be the issue with the name of the device.  If the device has a Japanese name, try giving it an English one.

Assuming the stick is relatively new, this should be fixed in the current beta of the app.

K1ng_Lear

Hi. Is this the first time you've tried a remote connection with this app?

It sounds like the issue where the reverse proxy is not forwarding the entire payload to the server so some data is missing. What is the reverse-proxy?

Hi,

the Stick is a older one and I will check the name of the device tomorrow. Furthermore it was the first time I tried to setup a connection with this device.

My reverse proxy runs on a Synology NAS.

I’ll give feedback when I checked the device name. Oh, i would prefer to avoid to set up a beta version here, because i’ve to do all the tech stuff when I stay here every year.

Edited by K1ng_Lear

• Solution

I’ll give feedback when I checked the device name. Oh, i would prefer to avoid to set up a beta version here, because i’ve to do all the tech stuff when I stay here every year.

If it is an older stick still running Android 5.x then the beta won't help anyway.  You'll need to rename the device to not have Japanese characters.

• Like 1

K1ng_Lear

If it is an older stick still running Android 5.x then the beta won't help anyway.  You'll need to rename the device to not have Japanese characters.

I removed the Kanji and everything runs fine. Thanks for your help, that solved the problem.