Please link artists on now playing and album detail screens

EduardoSantos

EduardoSantos

5c73dd5f73dc3_albumdetail.jpg

Above image is Emby's web interface screenshot from the album detail screen.

It has one of the track's menu "activated".

It seems to me there could be real improvements with very little effort.

a) There is currently no "Play" button on the track line. Instead each track line shows three buttons: "Add to playlist", "More..." (which opens the menu shown on the above image) and "Add to favorites". The "Add to playlist" is also shown on the "More…" menu.

I would suggest:

• relocate "More" button to the end
  • change "add to playlist" to play button
  • using the long click function already standard to Emby as a means to select one or more tracks to insert/create a playlist.

b ) Once the "Play" button is present, I would suggest every contributing artist on the track line, e.g.: number (1) on the image, to be a link to the artist detail page. I understand the "Play" button is a conceptual change but even sticking to the current line-touch-playing I think artist's linking on track would be a real improvement on user's experience navigation.

c) On track's "More" menu there currently is a "View artist" option (number 3 on the above image) which actually leads to the first track's contributing artist. I would suggest changing this option to "View Album artist". As mentioned on "(b)"  above, every contributor artist would be reachable from links under track's name.

d) I found no reason why each track "More" menu has an "View album" option (number 2 on the image) as we already are on the album detail page.

e) The "now playing" tray currently have two links: one to the album detail screen containing the track being played and one to track's artist detail page. Problem here is this second link leads to "the first contributing artist" Emby grabs from database. As stated on item "(b)" above, I suggest there should be a link to each artist shown.

Edited by EduardoSantos

CChris

Hi,

"change "add to playlist" to play button"
Add to Playlist isn't the same as a simple Play button.

The Playbutton will play the selected track, while you still can add other tracks to your playlist and they will be played after the current track.

Indeed, there could be some improvement, by having a play button at all, but as soon as you click on the Track, it starts to play.

Maybe, the UI could be improved by having a look how google play music has done it.
I think, their UI is just "self explaining"  :)

but at least, this should also be moved to the Feature Request section.

Edited by CChris

a) There is currently no "Play" button on the track line

You can click anywhere on that list item to play. have you tried that?

EduardoSantos

You can click anywhere on that list item to play. have you tried that?

Yes, @@Luke, I know. 

I mentioned there's no play button not because there is a problem on playing the track. 

I mentioned it because what I really suggest is to make track artists linked to their detail screen on the album detail track listing.

If all the line plays the track, then the artist's display under the track name cannot be linked to their detail screen.

I meant: create a play button on the far right and make all artists clickable.

I am a serious heavy user of Emby's music feature. Big database with very rich tagging.

I have, therefore (for most of my music) tagged each music playing on the track. When a given band changes one of the musicians, I have reflected it on track's tagging. 

Though all this is tagged and shown on the interface, I currently have to see the artist name on the track and then type it on the search field in order to get to their detail screen.

EduardoSantos

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/76011-music-queue-list-improvements/

That joint what a said about a play button, to let us click on album and artist as a link.

you can click on artist to go to artist page everywhere in the web app except on the current queue list

I second that but would add:

you can click on artist to go to artist page everywhere in the web app except on the the track listing on the album detail screen and current queue list