What XBMC addons/scipts are supported?

ecrispy

ecrispy

I know XBMB3C uses the MB library for everything, it probably ignores the XBMC database completely. Is that correct?

There are a number of addons like Video extras, Artwork organizer, addons which modify metadata, add subtitles etc. Wondering if any of those are supported? What about those that only change the UI, like PseudoTv?

xnappo

That is a pretty complicated question.

Artwork and metadata is all provided by MediaBrowser - that it is whole point.  Things like a YouTube addon will still work of course.  PseudoTV uses the XBMC database, so that will not really work.

My advice - try for yourself and if there is something you are specifically having trouble with, then ask.

xnappo

ecrispy

Just a thought here, but wondering if it'd be possible to remap calls made by XBMC addons to the MB server instead? And do it via an addon itself so no source changes are needed. Of course it may not work in all cases because there's no 1:1 mapping, e.g. MB doesn't have smart playlists and XBMC doesn't know about collections or views, but basic things like Tv/Movies.

xnappo

No - not possible.  Would have to re-write the add ons.

@@Luke is actually working on 'Smart Playlsits' in MB3 I believe.

xnappo