Request - I would pay for a fully functional ServerWMC plugin

ppickle

ppickle

LiveTV works great, but still can't access recordings through ServerWMC tile.  Get a "No compatible streams are currently available. " 

Don't know if it's a lost cause as maybe I'm one of the few that still use 7MC for managing recording, but it would be great if it worked. 

Hi, there's an issue in the stable release with ServerWMC recordings. It may be resolved in the 4.3 beta channel as I attempted a fix for it but haven't gotten any feedback on it yet. Thanks.

d00zah

Hi, there's an issue in the stable release with ServerWMC recordings. It may be resolved in the 4.3 beta channel as I attempted a fix for it but haven't gotten any feedback on it yet. Thanks.

Didn't know you tried to fix. Don't have time to start a new topic in the beta section... no joy. Still doesn't play & no longer even reports Media Info/a file path.

post-10374-0-39705600-1564995701_thumb.jpg

embyserver-63700550074.txt

Edited by d00zah

• 3 weeks later...
WhackOBill

I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem.  LiveTV works just like it used to but Recordings don't work in any of my clients no matter how I try to adjust the settings in ServerWMC.

As a workaround you can always add your WMC recording folder to Emby as a regular Emby library.

WhackOBill

As a workaround you can always add your WMC recording folder to Emby as a regular Emby library.

I'll give it a try.  Not sure how it will work if the recording is still happening AND I'm trying to view it.  That hung me up yesterday.  Worth a shot though.

• 2 weeks later...

This looks like a problem that I am having as well.  I run Windows 7, Windows Media Centre, Emby Server 4.2.1.0 and ServerWMC 1.0.0.62 b1257.  The server has a Hauppauge quad tuner card.

Clients are Chrome, Emby for IOS and Emby for Android TV.  All exhibit the same behaviour.

Movies, general video and live TV all stream correctly (brilliantly !).  However, on each client an attempt to replay a WMC recorded programs results in this error ...

5d7251046991a_emby1.jpg

The problem appears to me to be in ServerWMC.  The streams appear in the ServerWMC Status window, but never go away until the app is restarted.  Here, I try and replay 'Vera' - it fails as above.

5d725049638be_serverwmc1.png

I try and replay 'The Chase' - same failure occurs - and ServerWMC now has 2 hung entries.

5d72506362c35_serverwmc2.png

This behaviour is new - I used to be able to do this (cant remember version numbers) - although the "no compatible streams" error would previously occur when trying to replay a program that was still recording.

For me EMBY is a brilliant solution for my media needs, but somewhat weakened by this problem.

embyserver.txt

hardware_detection-63703403134.txt

ServerWMC.1.zip

With 2TB of recorded shows it is just messy.  There is no organization.

Using Emby directly would be terrific if I could get it to work.  Last time I tried Emby could only find 2 of the tuners on the quad card.  I tried again and this time I get ...

5d72f6c80af00_tuner.jpg

Any ideas ?

Also, can Emby obtain TV guide info from the DVB/T like Hauppage app and WMC ?

Using Emby directly would be terrific if I could get it to work.  Last time I tried Emby could only find 2 of the tuners on the quad card.  I tried again and this time I get ...

5d72f6c80af00_tuner.jpg

Any ideas ?

Also, can Emby obtain TV guide info from the DVB/T like Hauppage app and WMC ?

What did you enter into the form?

Luke,  I have 2 emby servers running.  Both are windows 7 machines.  One of them runs media centre and the other a NVPR backend.  Both of them have identical Hauppauge quad tuner cards.  Both of them get that same ALERT trying to save the TV provider.  Any suggestions ?  Any logs/diagnostics that I can provide that would help ?

Luke,  I have 2 emby servers running.  Both are windows 7 machines.  One of them runs media centre and the other a NVPR backend.  Both of them have identical Hauppauge quad tuner cards.  Both of them get that same ALERT trying to save the TV provider.  Any suggestions ?  Any logs/diagnostics that I can provide that would help ?

@@Noel-M, what did you enter into the guide provider form?

Ok unfortunately I'm not sure as we're using a hauppauge provided SDK and it's a bit of a black box for us. We are in the midst of rewriting our hauppauge support so that it won't have to depend on Hauppauge's SDK or WinTV. It probably won't be until the upcoming holiday season until we're ready to release though.

For now I would suggest adding your recordings library to Emby as a regular library, rather than trying to play the recordings using the ServerWMC plugin.

muranoone

Workaround that works for me....

Stop Emby server from Automatically Restarting in Settings Tab & Hit Save at the Bottom of the page. (if you skip this it becomes a circle of insanity)

Navigate to Plug-Ins tab UNINSTALL ServerWMC plug-in V 1.2.1.0 Restart Emby Server...

Navigate to Plug-Ins tab install ServerWMC plug-in V 1.2.0.0 Restart Emby Server... (ServerWMC will install the Version 1.2.1.0 Automatically) So..

Ignore the NEXT MESSAGE to restart Emby Server and let it Nag and Hang like the Pic Below....         

*(If you have Emby for WMC installed IGNORE Restart Message its the same notification)

post-2697-0-42185000-1568731352_thumb.png

Edited by muranoone