Emby for Kodi connection

Edgared
Go to solution Solved by Edgared,

Edgared

Hello

Every Kodi startup I am asked to connect with Emby connect or manually to the server and then to connect to my account.

on all my devices under Kodi and with all the accounts.

other devices with Emby application native no problem.

Do you have a solution ?

Thank you

Angelblue05

@@Edgared

Are you able to open the following file, in Kodi user profiles/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby/data.json open in a file editor.

Do you have other servers listed before the server you are trying to connect to?

Edited by Angelblue05

Edgared

Hello

I have no special characters neither in the username nor in the server name just uppercase, lowercase and numbers.

it's been over 2 years that all worked properly, I feel that this problem and appeared with the 4.2.0.40 server update but I'm not sure.

I did not have much free time it is last day but I will do other tests and check all users and devices concerned and start from zero (kodi and addon emby) in order to be the most accurate possible.

Thanks

• Like 1

• Solution
Edgared

Hey, after resetting Kodi and the addon I still had the same problem.

I created a new user and set manually connected and it worked fine.

I then delete my account Emby connect from my user and I connect manually and everything worked fine then I have again associated my account Emby Connect reconnect via Emby Connect and everything seems to work properly.

I tried local reboots of the database Kodi reboots and the server all seems stable. I have the impression that there was a problem with Emby Connect.

• Like 1