Force Aspect Ratio (persistent User Playback setting)

OmniiOMEGA

Hi, yes aspect ratio control is planned for all apps where it is possible to do it. Many of our apps do have it now, but not all yet.

What Emby app are you asking about?

OmniiOMEGA

Yes and I can’t see anything under playback settings, only:

Preferred audio preferences

Video quality

Music quality

Advanced - play next episode automatically

Advanced - enable next video info

Skip settings

That’s it??

OmniiOMEGA

I know that setting exists

I’m requesting for a permanent setting under playback settings that sets the aspect ratio to Fill for e.g to all videos that play within Emby

• Like 1

Ok we don't have that but more options are always possible for the future. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The Emby web app will have aspect ratio adjustment in the video player in the upcoming Emby Server 4.3 release. Thanks.

• Like 1

OmniiOMEGA

Fantastic!! [emoji41]

Looking forward to having a permanent full aspect ratio.

Can you please also look at introducing aspect ratio to LG TVs as well currently it’s limited?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can you please also look at introducing aspect ratio to LG TVs as well currently it’s limited?

Yes we'll get it into the LG app. Thanks.

• Like 1

Romek123

i should have read to end before searching 30 min on my tv for this options :)

Fantastic!! [emoji41]

Looking forward to having a permanent full aspect ratio.

Hi.  This will be a setting during playback like all the other players.  Not a permanent setting...

OmniiOMEGA

Hi. This will be a setting during playback like all the other players. Not a permanent setting...

That s no different to what is already in place?

I agree with Luke on that there should be a permanent setting under settings -> playback to always have the aspect ratio to what a user can specify....

That s no different to what is already in place?

I agree with Luke on that there should be a permanent setting under settings -> playback to always have the aspect ratio to what a user can specify....

The aspect ratio compensation is completely dependent on the particular display device in use.  Honestly, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have a setting that attempts to alter this for all playback regardless of the device in use. 

OmniiOMEGA

The aspect ratio compensation is completely dependent on the particular display device in use. Honestly, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have a setting that attempts to alter this for all playback regardless of the device in use.

What are you saying that it is not possible? Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

And why can’t this be a thing? Honestly listen to the users, I’m not the only one complaining here, and having a permanent aspect ratio does made sense thank you very much, it’s very annoying to keep changing it during playback of different tv shows that have different aspect ratios all the time

What are you saying that it is not possible? Anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

And why can’t this be a thing? Honestly listen to the users, I’m not the only one complaining here, and having a permanent aspect ratio does made sense thank you very much, it’s very annoying to keep changing it during playback of different tv shows that have different aspect ratios all the time

Hi.  No, I'm not saying it isn't possible.  I'm just questioning the overall value to the entire user base.  We will monitor this feature request for support just like all of them. 

• Like 1

OmniiOMEGA

If you’re questioning the overall value to the community why was the feature that we are requesting a thing of the past and now not of the future? Essentially we’re asking for this to come back?

• 2 months later...
GreenMan2015

I’d definitely love to see this. As per image from Happy2Play’s post Posted 05 August 2019 - 03:22 AM ; It’s a useful feature but annoying that it has to be activated on every episode. Very frustrating when binge watching. Would love it to remember the setting.

• 4 months later...
GreenMan2015

Or, here's a crazy idea: watch things in the aspect ratio they're intended to be watched in.

Or log in to help sites and make inane remarks but offer nothing. People would like to see it because that’s what they like which obviously you can’t handle people having a different opinion. It doesn’t make you right. Your attitude is bullying not important. Jog on.