Wrong aspect ratio after update.

Getumzz

Getumzz

Hi!

I got the crazy idea to update MBT to Dev version 3.0.5233.39319

But run in to problems right away with a messed up aspect ratio.

​I uninstalled version 3.0.5233 and re-installed the official version but i still got messed up ratio.

Does anyone know how to fix this or do i need to forget about MBT till it gets solved?

I have attached a screen shoot from MBT and one from MPC.

MPC is working like it should.

MBT

post-468-0-62291400-1401468496_thumb.jpg

MPC

post-468-0-75566200-1401468637_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrDon

Only if you want to build the source code. Andy is usually quick about these things so i wouldn't worry.

Getumzz

@babgvant

If I activate madVR the AR is ok but as soon as I deactivate it is back to a zoomed in AR.

Cant find any link to LAV that would cause this problem.

babgvant

Sorry. I added the capability to do MPC-HC style zoom/scaling to my presenter, but never added the code MBT to make it work right :).

Getumzz

Sorry. I added the capability to do MPC-HC style zoom/scaling to my presenter, but never added the code MBT to make it work right :).

Andy, thats really great news. 

Getumzz

@babgvant

Quick fix on the AR problem

I tested it with 3.0.5265.16010 and it works

Open system.xml in Appdata/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/Config

Change <UseCustomPresenter>true</UseCustomPresenter> to <UseCustomPresenter>false</UseCustomPresenter> 

Edited by MrDon
  • Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

@babgvant

Change <UseCustomPresenter>true</UseCustomPresenter> to <UseCustomPresenter>false</UseCustomPresenter> 

Ahh this is why I don't experience this problem. I had to turn that off a while ago because quite a few of my videos wouldn't play properly with it.

Danee

@babgvant

This fixed it for me. To bad this bug made it into the release version while I reported it when I experienced it in the Dev track. Since then I did a complete re-install only to the official version but was still bitten by it.

• 2 weeks later...
Gareth321

@babgvant

Thanks! This fixed it for me as well. This bug seemed to pop up randomly, as it didn't occur after any updates.

It would be great to be able to toggle aspect ratios.

babgvant

Thanks! This fixed it for me as well. This bug seemed to pop up randomly, as it didn't occur after any updates.

It would be great to be able to toggle aspect ratios.

It's not really correct to think of it as a bug per se. I wrote a custom EVR presenter to enable HWA video + subtitle support, and like all of the external DirectShow components it is now updated out-of-band (i.e. you don't have to update MBT to receive updates to these components). This issue arrose because the presenter was updated on the component server before the code to correctly configure the AR in MBT made it into the release build. While unfortunate that it happened, this is more an artifact of the rapid pace of improvement in MBT than anything else.

At some point I will expose the AR toggle through the UI; just need to find the time to do it. It should work the same way that it does in MPC-HC.

• Like 2