Notification perhaps red telling you media will transcode

z1z

Hi,

Could we get notified that our media will be transcoded (Sort of like XPLAY) for plex prior to playing media?

Sometimes just disabling subs can negate that issue, so if there is a message you get prior to playing you are obviously made aware of it immedaitely before playing the movie.

• Like 1

Just on the screen where the information for the movie is, near the play button or near the subs button. Could just be a red T

• 9 months later...
Discordian

Hi, notified where, in the app?

I don't mean to resurrect a thread, but I was looking at how to enable this. If I could be notified when transcoding is happening, I could happily enable the feature. I have it disabled currently as I'm trying to ultimately avoid all transcoding, but I don't mind the convenience of being able to watch something immediately. As it currently is (AFAIK), my media will be transparently transcoded, and I will never be able to correct the media (I re-rip it).

CodeeCB

I don't mean to resurrect a thread, but I was looking at how to enable this. If I could be notified when transcoding is happening, I could happily enable the feature. I have it disabled currently as I'm trying to ultimately avoid all transcoding, but I don't mind the convenience of being able to watch something immediately. As it currently is (AFAIK), my media will be transparently transcoded, and I will never be able to correct the media (I re-rip it).

What would you achieve by re-ripping it? Are you thinking to convert it as part of the rip process instead of transcoding during the playback process? I just rip directly to an MKV and if it has to transcode for remote access due to not having a surround system or something so be it but at least at home it will play in the highest quality possible. Once you convert/compress it during the ripping process you won't ever get that quality back.