xTeVe Goes Public

EODCrafter

EODCrafter

@Luke           

Source https://github.com/xteve-project/xTeVe

Configurationhttps://github.com/xteve-project/xTeVe-Documentation/blob/master/en/configuration.md

Releaseshttps://github.com/xteve-project/xTeVe/releases

Migration from 1.4.4:

1. You make a backup of 1.4.4 (Settings -> Backup)
2. Exit xTeVe 1.4.4
3. Start xTeVe 2.0.0
4. Go through the wizard
5. Restore the configuration of 1.4.4 (Setting -> Restore -> Select backup file)
Edited by EODCrafter

BillOatman

"Goes open source" maybe a better title.  GoLang looks like a great fit for this kind of application.  

Spaceboy

Yeah I was confused by the title too. I don’t really see much in v2 that isn’t in v1 either. Everything is good for me so I think I’ll just leave it as is

BillOatman

V2 adds buffering plus some UI improvements mainly.  I didn't run V2 when it was beta either because V1 worked just fine for me.  The bonus is now it can handle m3u8 files and send them to Emby as a "normal" stream by using that buffering to deal with the m3u8 chunking of the stream.

Double bonus is now open source :)

• Like 1

Spaceboy

V2 adds buffering plus some UI improvements mainly. I didn't run V2 when it was beta either because V1 worked just fine for me. The bonus is now it can handle m3u8 files and send them to Emby as a "normal" stream by using that buffering to deal with the m3u8 chunking of the stream.

Double bonus is now open source :)

sounds good but nothing there for me. I shall stick with what has worked

EODCrafter

# Version: 2.0.0 released

## New function

1. xTeVe internal
- Generate the XEPG files faster
- xTeVe updates are now coming from GitHub
- Open Source

2. Buffer
- HLS / M3U8 support
- Support HLS with adaptive bandwidth.
- Buffer support for xteve.m3u
- Re-streaming. Different clients can stream the same channel at the same time (Plex / Emby / M3U)

3. Playlist
- Separate tuner setting for each playlist

4. Filter
- New filters (Group Filter)

5. Mapping
- Custom channel logos

6. Settings
- Image caching (All images of the XMLTV file can be cached.)

## Bug fixes
- Lots

CBers

Read that, but there is no "How to Migrate" mentioned.

Is it automatic, or do you need to manually move the files used in the v1.x version into to the new v2 folder ?

For me, xTeVe is currently running in C:\Users\CBers\xteve - do I just rename it to .xteve, or does it do it itself on 1st run ?

I'm sure others will have the same question, so it would be nice to get it sorted :)

• Like 1

marmei

The name of the configuration folder has changed, you do not have to rename anything. Both versions will have their own folder.

What you do with the old folders is up to you.

2. Exit xTeVe 1.4.4
3. Start xTeVe 2.0.0
4. Go through the wizard
5. Restore the configuration of 1.4.4 (Setting -> Restore -> Select backup file)
  • Like 2

CBers

The name of the configuration folder has changed, you do not have to rename anything. Both versions will have their own folder.

What you do with the old folders is up to you.

2. Exit xTeVe 1.4.4
3. Start xTeVe 2.0.0
4. Go through the wizard

OK, that seems to work thanks.

Perhaps on initial run, there should be a setting to ask "Do you want to restore from v1.4.x".

Still no "Run as a Windows service" option, so will have to run it via NSSM for the time being.

Thanks @@marmei.

EODCrafter

And what is the migration process ?

Is there a link somewhere.

1st Post. I thought the Directions were clear? @@marmei, Did we add that to Github?

Edited 1st Post to include all Info for those not wanting to go to Discord.

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

Obviously not :)

I edited for those not willing to go to Discord...My Bad.

• Like 1

Senna

4. Go through the wizard

I see there is no DIRECT restore possible without inputting a m3u/xml path first, in Wizard process before step 5, right ?

Can restore made possible as first step in wizard ?

@@marmei

Why is xTeVe 2.0.0 (Win-x64) defaulting to my Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapters in command window, regarding showing of all xTeVe IP's ?

1.4.4 doesn't show that behavior.

• Like 1

marmei

@@marmei

Why is xTeVe 2.0.0 (Win-x64) defaulting to my Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapters in command window, regarding showing of all xTeVe IP's ?

1.4.4 doesn't show that behavior.

A button in Wizard is too costly for me to restore once.

All IP addresses, what exactly do you mean?

• Like 1

Senna

Understandable, so this was one time only going from 1.4.4 to 2.0.0.0 ?

So you are saying that near future updates don't need the restore process anymore.

All IP addresses, what exactly do you mean?

xTeVe DVR and webinterface IP's are defaulting to IP range of my Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapters, when Windows Sandbox is running or has been run on a Win10 Pro system (1903 build 18362.267).

This is only with xTeVe 2.0.0 and not with xTeVe 1.4.4.

Edit:

To add to that, I don't run or startup xTeVe from Windows Sandbox, but directly on system !

Edited by Senna

marmei

Understandable, so this was one time only going from 1.4.4 to 2.0.0.0 ?

So you are saying that near future updates don't need the restore process anymore.

xTeVe DVR and webinterface IP's are defaulting to IP range of my Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapters, when Windows Sandbox is running or has been run on a Win10 Pro system (1903 build 18362.267).

This is only with xTeVe 2.0.0 and not with xTeVe 1.4.4.

Edit:

To add to that, I don't run or startup xTeVe from Windows Sandbox, but directly on system !

[xTeVe] System IP Addresses:   IPv4: 2 | IPv6: 7
[xTeVe] Hostname:              mbp.local
[xTeVe] DVR IP:                192.168.178.40:34400
[xTeVe] Web Interface:         http://192.168.178.40:34400/web/
xTeVe can be reached via all IP addresses. xTeVe asks the operating system for all available IP addresses and the first one is displayed.

I have 9 IP addresses with me and over all IP addresses xTeVe is reachable. If your DNS is configured correctly, you can also use the hostname.
  • Like 1

BillOatman

Maybe in next major release have a command line option -restore <filename.zip>  people can run the first time.

• Like 1

marmei

Maybe in next major release have a command line option -restore <filename.zip>  people can run the first time.

Good idea, that's possible

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If I need Xteve support/troubleshooting w/ Emby, should I post on here or does an official Xteve forums/page exist?

It really depends on which side your issue is on. If you don't know, then you can post in our community and we'll let you know if we think it's an Xteve issue. Please see how to report a problem. Thanks.

• Like 1

EODCrafter

If I need Xteve support/troubleshooting w/ Emby, should I post on here or does an official Xteve forums/page exist?

What ever you feel comfortable with, but you will get immediate support on our Discord Page. I, (FITH on Discord) and Alexpaton are both loyal Emby/xTeVe Fans!

https://discord.gg/KD2jy5V

Edited by EODCrafter