TPDb has Launched

Oracle

Oracle

FROM THE OFFICIAL REDDIT THREAD

Thought I'd share. This is a great resource for Emby and hopefully in the future it can be implemented automatically.

It's Show Time!

renderTimingPixel.png

The Poster Database Team is excited to announce that our website, The Poster Database, is now live! After months of hard work and testing, we feel we're a great point for a public release.

So, what is TPDb? This website was created from the ground up with poster lovers in mind. We wanted a site that felt fun and easy to browse, while also offering features you couldn’t find anywhere else.

Here are just some of the features we’ve implemented so far

• Custom Collections

• Poster Linking

• Top Charts

• Textless Poster Support

• Multiple Language Support

• Discovery Page

• User Profiles

• Download Statistics

• And much more…

This is just the beginning, as we will continue to add features as time goes on. Our next big goal will be to create a metadata agent for Plex Media Servers. We are really excited about it.

To get started, head over to www.theposterdb.com.

Disclaimer: The site may have some performance issues at launch, so please be patient with us!

• Like 5

Oracle

I wouldn't say it's much different than MovieDB or TVDB, but the navigation is rather user-friendly, and it is rather public, meaning anyone can upload their content to the site.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
CashMoney

What do they have that MovieDb doesn't?

Artwork that matches. At the moment, a lot of the sites have multiple art for a collection, be it TV or movies, and it can be difficult to match them. So for example a TV show with 5 seasons might have 3 or 4 different styles of artwork on the TVDB, but not have 1 for each season that matches the others. The marvel collection on TMDB/fanart might not have 23 posters for the 23 movies that match in the same style. PosterDB has less choice, but more matching posters. They also have matching artwork that matches between collections, so perhaps you can find art from a singular creator that means you have can have matching artwork for all the Marvel media you have (I don't know if that's true, again just an example), Movies, TV Shows from multiple channels (Netflix, FX, etc). I've no idea if that's the aim, but that's my personal take. I've found and used matching art for much more of my media on PosterDB  and r/plexposters compared to the other sources with API's.

As an example, I have posters for my Marvel movies and DC movies that match, which makes it easy for the wife to choose a "comicbook" movie without being restricted to looking in our collections for movie when just browsing.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been taking a look at the posters for a couple of actors. 

I'm really surprised how good these are.  For example for movies with Tom Cruise in them I switched out about 2/3 of all my covers.  The ones I didn't switch were basically the same.

These are really good.

• Agree 1

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, LiquidFX said:

Any chance of getting this added to image source?

HI, yes it's possible for the future. Thanks.

This is from 10 days ago:

Correct, but various things need to be in place before we can even begin to start the process of getting them up and running. As of right now the API would cause more problems than it would fix because the site isn't ready.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ThePosterDB/comments/pjz28m/where_are_the_agents/

It's too bad they're still not offering a public API.

• Like 1