Bottom of screen fade

Ninko

Any further thoughts on if you think the original problem here can be fixed, I'm sure you can imagine it's very annoying.

Thanks

oh yes. I think it is fully related to not using limitSize appropriately on certain images.

I have done my due dilligence and went through most of these problem areas and adjust accordingly to stop this happening and put an end to it. If these changes to these problem areas do what they should you should never see this happen again. In fact we can close this thread as it will never be needed again. I am that sure we have solved this problem. Any areas in the app left with this issue we will solve. We understand why this happens now and we can adjust how we load our images to account for it. Thanks to all who helped find this problem and brought it to our attention. You shall not suffer from this problem much longer. We now understand why (and have for awhile) but we also now understand how to stop it on the Roku side and fix it. We value your feedback once these changes make it to BETA please let us know if this fixes the problem or does not. We want to do something and we think this time (I do anyways) that we will not be down this road ever again. Put the road closed sign up. This issue should be solved. ^_~

Same issue causing flashing images is exactly what this issue is. Animations and images share texture memory.

The fix below is the one that should solve the problem in this thread. There are other stop flashing fixes besides just video player as well. There are going to be several.

Reference: Fix #564: [VideoPlayer] Stop flashing / limitsize + loadHeight + LoadWidth

( We load box art and logos on the Video Player OSD and I believe it is this coming in it at full size pushing our OSD shade animation out of texture memory blanking it )

Edited by speechles

• 1 month later...

I'm going to assume the fix hasn't gone mainstream yet as I'm still having the problem, any updates?

Thanks

I'm going to assume the fix hasn't gone mainstream yet as I'm still having the problem, any updates?

Thanks

We've never actually reproduced this issue so I'm not exactly sure what will fix it but we haven't released these image handling changes yet.

Thanks.

Oh right sorry, I thought you said you had.

I can't understand how it can only be me that sees it, it's very annoying!

Thanks

• 1 month later...

As far as I know there's been a recent app update for Roku?

Just to let you know, this problem still remains!

• 10 months later...

Time continues to go by but this problem STILL remains...

Any developments? It's getting very annoying!

We haven't been able to reproduce but we'll take a fresh look at it. Thanks for the feedback.

Hi.  We released an update quite a while ago that we believe should have solved this for those that experienced it.  Can you please confirm what version of the app you have and provide details on the exact problem you see?

Thanks.

• 5 months later...
Ninko

It's the same problem it was when I started this thread.

I'm using the Roku app version 4.0.18

13 hours ago, Ninko said:

It's the same problem it was when I started this thread.

I'm using the Roku app version 4.0.18

Can you provide some screen shots with that version?