Music queue list improvements

chacawaca

chacawaca

Improvement quoted from there :

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/37205-music-improvements/?p=763915

-Also also, it would be nice (I think, would it ?) if the top bit (the album cover and controls) could be fixed so its always in view and only the bottom half (the actual playlist) scrolls...

-Or possibly, swap the top and bottom bits round, so the fixed album art / controls are at the bottom and the scrolling playlist is at the top. Maybe...

-Edit: And ideally the playlist should scroll up automatically so the currently playing item is always visible.

now from me add 

-shuffle button to shuffle actual queue list

-lyric button

-when you click on album or artist send you to this album or artist, like when you navigate in your library. Add a play button at the end of the line instead to control "play this now"

-ability to see remote queue list from mobile app or web app and control it                       https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/70863-see-remote-queue-list-from-mobile-app-or-web-app/?p=710714

i have done 2 screen of what it can look like.

post-95829-0-47442700-1564627600_thumb.png

post-95829-0-99740800-1564627612_thumb.png

• Like 3

ginjaninja

it would be nice (I think, would it ?) if the top bit (the album cover and controls) could be fixed so its always in view and only the bottom half (the actual playlist) scrolls...

+1

The TV apps do give you access to the controls and queue all at the same time but I don't think this particular layout translates all that well to mobile so something more like above is probably appropriate there.

5d42f2dc8fb56_newaudioplayer.png

chacawaca

My layout was mostly for web page, i used same controls as movie layout, i think its easier for user to have the same control bar all the time.

arrbee99

@@arrbee99 since original idea was from you, have you some idea to add ?

Sadly I'm not over endowed with ideas at the best of times, so can't think of anything at the moment. Your ideas are certainly all good to me.

Bearing in mind your second (lyric) image is a mock-up, probably wouldn't be a fan of black text in a white box.

I like to see background images properly, so prefer quite small (if at all) album images, though would need some art if there aren't any backgrounds available. And I'm obviously not the only user  :)

Think I might move the 'remove' button to the three dots menu though. I imagine if you click on it it has a confirm menu, but don't want to press it just in case I find out it doesn't....

chacawaca

Bearing in mind your second (lyric) image is a mock-up, probably wouldn't be a fan of black text in a white box.

That was mostly to show layout, im not really good with gimp, i dont like black on white too.

• Like 1

arrbee99

That was mostly to show layout, im not really good with gimp, i dont like black on white too.

It has the merit of being clear, but aesthetically....

arrbee99

Its still buggy though. I just clicked refresh in Chrome because the background forgot to update with the new artist it started playing, and it just stopped playing the whole playlist. Maybe thats a browsers thing, but still.