Okay, I'm kinda excited about this...

ebr

Been wanting to do this forever and previously thought it really wasn't possible/practical but I've spent some time really working on it over the past few days and I'm pretty excited about the possibilities.  Can't believe it has taken me this long to figure this out.

5387aa2a19745_mbcnewplayer1.png

Yeah, look in the title bar - that isn't MBT.  It is the internal WMC player inside MB Classic while playing Iron Man.

I've just started to implement it but there are a lot of possibilities here beyond just the upgrade to a much more modern look and feel.

For example, those tick marks are defined chapter points you can navigate around to on the seek bar and select to go there directly.  Lots of other potential...

• Like 25

Latchmor

Nice! All holidays, nights out and sleeping are cancelled ebr until you complete  :P

Latchmor

Actually, this reminds me... can you 'take over' the info displayed using the info key? In other words info will let us see the synopsis etc or do we still need a way of getting some xml data into DvdInfoCache (can't remember it that's the correct folder without looking it up)?

Cheers

Edited by Latchmor

This is going to come up if you hit any key or move the mouse.  I haven't tested the actual info key yet but I know we can't trap that one - it is reserved by WMC.  However, it might still translate into a keypress that I can see such that it will produce this layer.  I'll test it when I get the chance.

• Like 2

Latchmor

This is going to come up if you hit any key or move the mouse.  I haven't tested the actual info key yet but I know we can't trap that one - it is reserved by WMC.  However, it might still translate into a keypress that I can see such that it will produce this layer.  I'll test it when I get the chance.

Ah, so I'll probably leave my Info key on the Harmony as normal Info for other WMC screens and a 'Long Press' Info that will bring up your bells and whistles!

swhitmore

Well done! I miss MBC sometimes. My wife still uses it because she doesn't like change :P  I'm just using MBT now. It's great to see stuff like this though.

Edited by swhitmore

steelman1991

Very impressive ebr this was something I always missed (from xbmc/MP) - possibilites indeed (subtitle and audio track choices?)

Brilliant piece of work.

Just one more thing............................. I want it now lol.

AdrianW

OK, this is just brilliant - this will prolong the life of MBC a lot. I was considering switching to MBT at some point, but there's hardly any point now.

Excellent work @ebr 

:wub:

-edit-

Damn, I just realised that I'm currently using MPC-HC as an external player with MBC (for the refresh rate switching).  :mellow:

Edited by AdrianW

steelman1991

OK, this is just brilliant - this will prolong the life of MBC a lot. I was considering switching to MBT at some point, but there's hardly any point now.

Excellent work @ebr 

:wub:

-edit-

Damn, I just realised that I'm currently using MPC-HC as an external player with MBC (for the refresh rate switching).  :mellow:

LOL bet there are a few caught out with that - maybe ebr will expand his already extensive expertise and it will appear in external players as well  :D

CashMoney

Wow ebr, I never figured you could change the "base" functionality so much. Well done! (and thank you!!).

Very impressive ebr this was something I always missed (from xbmc/MP) - possibilites indeed (subtitle and audio track choices?)

Not sure about that.  I'm not actually altering the player at all - just changing the UI experience while it is playing.  I think those other things will still have to be managed at the codec level but we'll see...

steelman1991

Kinda realised it might be outwith the scope of this change after I posted. Still great work.

Refresh rate switching is the next thing I'm gonna take another whack at.  I had it implemented already once but WMC kept switching back to 60 on playback.  I'm going to try again with this new method and see if I can get it to stick.

• Like 1

AdrianW

Refresh rate switching is the next thing I'm gonna take another whack at.  I had it implemented already once but WMC kept switching back to 60 on playback.  I'm going to try again with this new method and see if I can get it to stick.

FANTASTIC news - keep up the excellent work there ebr. 

:D  :D

steelman1991

You're on a roll - go for it. It must be doable (though I don't know how much work would be involved) as its available in My Movies.

This is good stuff. How would it work on an extender (if at all)?

It should be exactly the same but who knows with extenders...

• Like 1

Spent most of today trying to get auto refresh rate switching working and, I'm close, but no cigar so I'm moving on again.