More control over camera uploads (client side)

darkassassin07

darkassassin07

Currently the camera upload feature of the android app when enabled, seems to upload any images it finds anywhere on the device indiscriminately.

In my case, I have a security camera app that saves thumbnails of each camera every single time the app is used. It cleans them up after a couple days, but not before emby finds them. Annoyingly, this app stores its data directly on the root of internal storage instead of in the android data folder. I have had this app on my phone for quite a while and really haven't paid attention to my camera uploads library. This has caused emby to upload hundreds of useless images to my server over the last few months (everything it finds in the security cam cache) :/

I don't see a way to prevent it currently aside from just not using camera upload.

My feature request is to add the ability to select which folders emby for android should/shouldn't monitor for new images to upload.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

This will be in the next update to the android app, and two updates from now in the iOS app. You'll be able to select which folders you want to upload. Thanks.