how to downgrade to previous beta

rawdrewage

rawdrewage

Earlier today I upgraded to the current beta and a number of live tv channels stopped working (not all). How can I get back to the previous version of the beta? I don't see it listed anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

I tried using the actual released non-beta version but it just shuts down as soon as I try to watch any live tv. 

rawdrewage

Hi and thanks for the response. 

Please understand, I am not trying to report an issue, just share my reason that I want to downgrade. I am just trying to get help going to the previous beta. If there are others using live tv on the beta they will report in detail. 

Thanks in advance. 

But that's the whole point of the betas. They're for users who want to help test and report issues. If you're not willing to do that, then what are we doing publishing these builds.

Keep in mind the nature of our FreeBSD downloadable builds. The builds only work with the specific version of FreeBSD that it was made for. That means any FreeBSD OS update can break the beta and you need to come back and get a new one.

See here for example: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/75147-ffmpeg-broken-in-freebsd12/?p=760538

User thinks it's an "Emby bug", but really it's just that we hadn't built for his specific version of FreeBSD. If this is the problem, then rolling back isn't going to help you. That's why it's better if we just get to the bottom of it.

Why not just use the stable release from FreeBSD ports? Wouldn't that be a better choice for you?

MRobi

We're happy to help if you can provide a little more information. Thanks.

From his previous posts in this section, you won't get much from trying to help him other than being bashed for "not caring" and "wasting his time".

@@rawdrewage hopefully you follow some FreeBSD best practices and regularly take snapshots of your jails. The proper way to do this would be simply to roll back your jail to the latest snapshot with the version of Emby you're looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
rawdrewage

Your input was not helpful and you are in fact throwing gas on the fire. You are just as bad as you claim me to be. Although I was not attacking anyone personally.

MRobi

Your input was not helpful and you are in fact throwing gas on the fire. You are just as bad as you claim me to be. Although I was not attacking anyone personally.

I'm simply pointing out that your attacking attitude towards others will prevent people from wanting to help you. And knowing that you'd probably snap back at me, I tried to help you anyways. If you look at my post, I told you the proper way to "downgrade" to a previous beta is to roll back your jail to the latest snapshot of the version you're looking to downgrade to. Instead of saying thank you, you say my input was not helpful and I'm as bad as you. All you did there was prove my point.

rawdrewage

You are right. Thank you for providing one possible way to roll back my emby server version. 

But if you want to talk about my previous posts that you disagree with then please contact me directly. BTW I stopped doing negative postings a while back. It did not serve my purpose and only pushed things way off topic. I am done with that.

MRobi

You are right. Thank you for providing one possible way to roll back my emby server version. 

But if you want to talk about my previous posts that you disagree with then please contact me directly. BTW I stopped doing negative postings a while back. It did not serve my purpose and only pushed things way off topic. I am done with that.

Happy to hear! And with that I'll stop the lecturing about it :) Hope you were able to get the problem sorted out.